PDA

View Full Version : wait time for Soarin during EMH??

DONROCK
09-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Okay, a few of you have helped me with my question about day-time lines and fast-pass for this awesome attraction....thank you. BUT, are my chances pretty good for 1 or 2 rides on Soarin during Epcot's "evening" EMH? I want so badly for my son to experience this ride, but don't want to stress over this during my magical vacation!

GrumpyFan
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
We didn't do EMH at Epcot on our last trip (last week), but we did last year (mid-September), and it's not good news. In the daytime we saw wait times of around 30 minutes or less. This year when we were there, they were usually 20 minutes or less. However, last year when we did EMH, the wait times were at least double what they were in the day. My speculation would be that since there are fewer attractions open durning EMH, than during the day, people are packing in to ride the few rides that are open.

Your best bet is to try and get to the ride early in the day, or try and get a fastpass. Of cours, depending on when you go, the wait time might not be too bad.

DisneyDudet
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
We usually are at Epcot at rope drop and can get 2 rides on Soarin done before 10am. We get there, get FP, and ride in standby, usually the first "flight" of the day. Inbetween our first ride and second, we are usually able to get Test Track or Mission: Space done.

We have seen the lines for Soarin to be over 3 hours at any given time, even during EMH.

dephenn
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I have always found that the best time to hit soarin' was early morning hours. You can get right on then when you get off do a fast pass , go on fast track, mission space, then go back on soarin'.

pixiesmimi
09-14-2007, 11:30 PM
We found it very easy to get on it in early morning hours. We walked right on and then got fast passes and went on again after breakfast. There weren't a lot of people there early.

krorx
09-15-2007, 10:12 PM
We never did get to ride in the evening EMH's. The wait was over an hour. We got fast passes in the morning, rode without our fast passes first, then rode with our fast passes after that to ensure two rides. Good luck.;)

emmingo
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
At the BEGINNING of EMH, the lines are still really long, since word always gets out and people get in line late in the park knowing they will still be allowed to get on the ride. By the end of EMH, though, the line to get on Soarin' is usually down to 20-30 minutes. Bear in mind, this is probably around the 11pm mark. When we were in the park for EMH, we went and rode Test Track and then came back to The Land area to go on Soarin and probably waited around 30 minutes (though, this was before the improved the queue area). At any rate, we showed up at about 10:30, and then still had time to do Living with the Land and Mission Space before the park closed at 12!