PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What doll should I choose??

xominnieox
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I am a big fan of American Girl dolls, I have 2 big girls and a Bitty Baby. I need help deciding on which doll to get next, Jess, Marisol, a 'Just Like You" doll, or Nicki. Please help me :mickey:

xominnieox
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
PS - How long will it take for it to ship to Ohio?

BronxTigger
09-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow. When I got Kirsten, there were only 5 dolls available:
Felicity, Samantha, Kirsten, Abby, and Molly.

And Felicity and Abby were brand new!

Things have really changed. What 2 dolls do you already have?

I don't see Jess or Marisol dolls available on their website. I think the Just Like Me dolls sound cool. I'd get one of those unless you really want Nicki because she is only available for this year. I think the Like Me dolls are always available.

xominnieox
09-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow. When I got Kirsten, there were only 5 dolls available:
Felicity, Samantha, Kirsten, Abby, and Molly.

And Felicity and Abby were brand new!

Things have really changed. What 2 dolls do you already have?

I don't see Jess or Marisol dolls available on their website. I think the Just Like Me dolls sound cool. I'd get one of those unless you really want Nicki because she is only available for this year. I think the Like Me dolls are always available.

I have a like me doll and Addy, I got them when I was a little kid so now I want one with nice hair XD I think I'm going to get Nicki..

Ed
09-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Whew. You had me scared for a minute there. I thought you were talking about those OTHER dolls. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=49427) :thedolls:

xominnieox
09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Whew. You had me scared for a minute there. I thought you were talking about those OTHER dolls. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=49427) :thedolls:

Oh! haha!

BronxTigger
09-15-2007, 09:54 AM

Is this THE thread?? THE "Evil Dolls" thread the 10th Anniversary page refers to? I was looking for it the other day and didn't know which one was THE THREAD. Could it be you dropped it in my lap??

Here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

To the OP: Since you already have a Like Me doll and it appears the other two on your list are no longer available, I'd go with Nicki.

RedSoxFan
09-15-2007, 12:30 PM
They have a new AG Doll that came out on Monday of this week. Her name is Julie and is from the 70's. I ordered it for my DD on Monday and had it on Wednesday. She also has Kit, Elizabeth, Emily and two Just Like You dolls and they are all very nice. Good luck with your decision.

disneydeb
09-15-2007, 01:17 PM
What a great stroll down Memory Lane! Thank you!
What ever happened to Ozarker and JimmyC?

Dsnygirl
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM
My girls love AG, too - they each have one, my DD9 has Marisol, and my DD6 has a "just like me" version. From what I know of AG dolls, Marisol and Jess are gone - they were "girl of the year" dolls the last two years, just as Nikki is the "girl of the year" doll this year. (And a new one will come out after the holidays.) If it were me, I'd go w/ Nikki - she's awesome! :thumbsup:

xominnieox
09-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Guys! I'm gonna go with Nicki!

Ed
09-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Is this THE thread?? THE "Evil Dolls" thread the 10th Anniversary page refers to? I was looking for it the other day and didn't know which one was THE THREAD. Could it be you dropped it in my lap??

Yup, that's :thedolls: THE :thedolls: original thread. You can find it and the follow-up threads down in the Archives; look under Topics 'n Tidbits. Lots of other 'classic' stuff stored away there for prosperity. :cool:

What a great stroll down Memory Lane! Thank you!
What ever happened to Ozarker and JimmyC?

They're both still around, alive and well, and crazy as ever. I e-mail them almost daily, and I've had the pleasure of meeting up with them at WDW. (In fact, JimmyC is due down here again in about three weeks.) Both of them are in jobs that demand much more of their time than was the case in "the good old days" and they don't get to post very much. :( But they do pop in from time to time.

:thumbsup:

disneydeb
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
In 3 weeks huh? Is he coming in for the Intercot homecoming errr - Bash? Are you going to be there? I am and I'm bringing one of my now grown children!

Hope to see you there!

PS I love the dolls! :thedolls: I sang It's A Small World to my children as a lullaby.
:mickey:deb

Ed
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
JimmyC has to return to the asylum...I mean, he has to head back home ONE DAY BEFORE the 10th Anniversary bash begins. :(

But that's okay... more Guinness for me. :beer:

I do plan to be there intermittently. Whatever that means.... :confused:

>>>>I sang It's A Small World to my children as a lullaby.

I had no idea you were such a cruel mother! :nono:

disneydeb
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
We will arrive late Tuesday evening. Tell him I said "Hi!" Is he still keeping a barn of genetically confused animals in his backyard?:D

Ed
09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
No, all of the genetically confused critters have taken over the house, and JimmyC is the one living in the barn.

:mickey:

disneydeb
09-18-2007, 06:30 PM
No, all of the genetically confused critters have taken over the house, and JimmyC is the one living in the barn.

I bet all the new Intercotees are wondering what type of genetic engineering was he into? :D

Ed
09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I bet all the new Intercotees are wondering what type of genetic engineering was he into? :D

So are numerous local, state, federal and international agencies....

:paranoid:

HollyB
09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I was excited when I saw this post because I thought it was about those :thedolls: dolls too! Good to know JimmyC is still around. I will rest well tonight, secure in the knowledge that somewhere someone has vats of silly string and glitter glue ready to go should a new doll rebellion arise!

disneydeb
09-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Those days were fun! Anyone want to start a new Doll War Thread? :thedolls::thumbsup:

pjbs35a
09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Did I see a mention of the DollMaster ???

disneydeb
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Did I see a mention of the DollMaster ???

Pray/tell what and who?

BronxTigger
09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Methinks the poor OP does not know WHAT she has done!

pjbs35a
09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Pray/tell what and who?

JimmyC

Sorry we got you off topic......back to the original question.