PDA

View Full Version : How do you concentrate?

pixiegoose
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
How on earth do you get anything done the last day or 2 before your World trip? I'm here at work going nuts! :crazy: I can't seem to concentrate on anything and it doesn't help that my friend called me this morning to rub it in that she is already there and I have to wait until Sunday. I've been obsessing over all things Disney and have spent most of the past 2 days perusing this site (for the oh, millionth time or so), watching Disney movies, and singing Disney songs to myself (you get some odd looks doing that, by the way). I can't wait for Sunday morning to be here! :mickey: Surely I can't be the only one with this problem.

carley
09-14-2007, 03:23 PM
we leave tomorrow morning for the first trip ever wooohoooo.... i SHOULD be at work but left early as i could not concentrate let alone function well beyond knowing my name is so n so and im going to disney tomorrow ... so i left early to get things done and ready....will i sleep tonight? nope dont think its gonna happen lol

have a great vacation

Goofeygal
09-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok you all have me jealous now!!! I don't leave till Jan.8th.:(

TikiGoddess
09-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I've got a month to go and thoughts of WDW are getting very distracting! Thankfully life has me plenty busy so the only time I have trouble is when I'm home and after the kids are in bed. When it's very close to a trip, I either immerse myself in Disney thoughts or try to block it out completely (so I enjoy it all the more when I get there).

TikiG

TKDONALD
09-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I DONT LEAVE TILL NOV 30 TO DEC 9 AND IM ALL READY NEROUS AND READY TO GO NOW:mickey:

Lily
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I leave tomorrow. I'm sick to my stomach and I haven't been sleeping. This is pure madness!

#1donaldfan
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Been there done that.....Fam and me are the same way......actually, we are that way most of the time.....I have to visit this site at least once a day.....keeping the magic alive....have fun and don't think about us jealous ones left behind......we're not angry with you, just envious.....have a great vacation.....

MMouse6937
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
We leave on Monday. This is my last day of work and I'm having a hard time concentrating, I really am ready to get out of here. Go home, pack, get things ready and head to the world!! Have a great trip, see ya there! :party:

Disneytrotters
09-15-2007, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=pixiegoose;1419252]How on earth do you get anything done the last day or 2 before your World trip? QUOTE]

Last day or 2? :confused: We haven't been able to concentrate on anything for at least the past 2 weeks!!! LOL!!:blush:

10 more days to go.:party:

tinksmom02
09-15-2007, 10:26 PM
How on earth do you get anything done the last day or 2 before your World trip?

Yeah, about that...I don't get anything done, unless it directly involves my trip (basicall visiting INTERCOT and packing...I even make DH clean the house LOL)

Dsnygirl
09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
:mickey: Oh no, you are definitely not the only one with this problem!! I'm 24 days out, and it's becoming more & more on my mind with each passing day!! My DH says he's seen shuttle launches go off w/ less thought & preparation!! :blush: So - you're question - how do we concentrate? We don't!! (Or if we do, it's on all things Disney, and that's about it!! :D)

Have a great trip - you're almost there!! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2007, 09:39 AM
There's definitely no sleeping the night before the trip. I am way to excited and detail obsessed to sleep!
I clean alot before our trips, so I don't come home to chaos. I also make out bills to be mailed when we come home so I have everything in order, and I don't have to try to remember whats due or needs to be done when we get home..I even lay out the kids school stuff and backpacks for the day they will return to school making notes for myself. This all cuts down on the stress of returning to the real world!

amd780
09-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm more than 4 months out, and I know the wait is going to be tough! :mickey: The only way I can concentrate at work for the last week or so is to try and push the Disney trip out of my mind. It's really difficult, but focusing completely on my work is the only way I can keep myself from going nuts with anticipation! :D

martinfamily5
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
We are 32 days away from our trip and I find it very difficult to concentrait on anything but our trip. I have a lot of free computer time at my job and intercoting so much during the day is fun but hard. It makes 32 days feel like forever.

mainemajor
09-21-2007, 09:41 PM
It's easy - really. Do what I do - go to work and talk all day about where you are going to be the next day. I'm perhaps the most anoying person for the week prior to leaving on trips to Disney.I should be charged for more vacation days, since I kind of check out early - even though I'm there.
On the bright side - my excitement for WDW has caused several co-workers and countless friends to book their own vacations.