PDA

View Full Version : Ride Comparisons

disneydrmr
09-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Just wondering... what rides/attractions in both Disneyland and CA that can also be found in WDW are 'different' from their counterpart? Like is the Muppet 3-d show at CA the same one they have at MGM? And how about Tough to be a Bug? We only have one day to spend at CA so I'm wondering about skipping the ones that we have done in Florida and focusing on the things that are only in CA... then if time allows hitting those attractions... (hope this made sense)

SignguyTom
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I have not noticed any differences between the 3d movie attractions at DCA and WDW. The ToT is a bit different as far as the stuff leading up to the thrills. My experiences with DCA is that you should have plenty of time to see everything in one full day. If you like thrills, be sure to try the California Screamin' and the Maliboomer. The Orange Stinger ranks up there with the Teacups as far as nausea goes (for me, at least :ack:). The Grizzly River Rapids is similar to Kali River rapids at AK, but the ride is longer and you WILL get wet :secret: The Aladin show is good, too. Big Broadway-style production. Overall, I really like DCA. We'll be there this weekend, and November as well. Have fun!

princessM0m
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't answer your question directly, but I was in DL a while back and would recommend that you do the Indiana Jones ride (much better than Dinosaur) and the Storybook boats (don't know the exact name). The Storybook boat ride is really unique and while it might be better for young children I would ride it just because it's different. Space Mountain in DL is very different from MK so I would recomment that as well. Don't remember too much about POTC but I do remember that it floats around a restaurant, like the Mexico pavillion in EPCOT. The restaurant was very good.

BrerGnat
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Different (and better) at Disneyland:
-PETER PAN (seriously)
-Space Mountain
-Indiana Jones (technically, a different ride, but MUCH cooler than Dinosaur!)
-Jungle Cruise
-TIKI ROOM
-(at least the outside of) It's a Small World
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Tom Sawyer Island (now called Pirate's Lair)
-The Disneyland Railroad (there is an indoor diorama portion at DL)
-Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

And for DCA:
-Tower of Terror (I like DCA's effects and drop sequence better)
-CA Screamin is much better than Rock n Roller coaster, in my opinion
-The Aladdin show outshines ANY of the live stage shows at WDW
-Soarin is in a cooler building, with a more interesting queue
-Grizzly River Run is a million times better than Kali River Rapids

And, finally, the Disneyland Fireworks are head and shoulders above any of the nighttime shows at WDW.

NotaGeek
09-15-2007, 12:38 AM
No need to worry, you will have more than enough time to all the rides at DCA. Don't pick and choose just be a Smart Fast Pass user ... get the FP early for Soarin' and Screamin' and all the rest should take care of itself!