PDA

View Full Version : Science related activities in Epcot.....

r4kids
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Since I am having a lapse in memory can someone tell me what science activites related to the atom are available in Epcot? DD's 7th grade scienece teacher would like for her to go to these exhibits and write in her journal her experience. I can't recall any in Epcot. Thanks!!!!

murphy1
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
You could write a ton in FW. Innoventions area alone is going to be a lot of science. Go to JIYI with Figment, tell the CM and he will probably let her explore a couple of the "secret" areas we got to see. Test Track is great as far as physics, she could write about the testing they do on cars. They have a tour at the Land called "Behind the Seeds" if she is more inclined to do an agricultural report, it's not an expensive tour and only takes an hour. There is so much!!

r4kids
09-14-2007, 12:03 PM
You could write a ton in FW. Innoventions area alone are going to be a lot of science. Go to JIYI with Figment, tell the CM and he will probably let her explore a couple of the "secret" areas we got to see. Test Track is great as far as physics, she could write about the testing they do on cars. They have a tour at the Land called "Behind the Seeds" if she is more inclined to do an agricultural report, it's not an expensive tour and only takes an hour. There is so much!!

It has to be related to the Atom. That is the area they are currently working on. Thanks for the info though this will help with her journal writting!!

PharmD
09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
One that I can think of is the Ellens Universe of Energy. During the ride she talks about atoms in fusion reactions. It's of course my favorite attraction at Epcot.

FriendsofMickey
09-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I think this might be what she is talking about:

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Nov06/nano.Epcot.sl.html

If that doesn't work, I did a google search "EPCOT Science Atom".

:)

Tick-Tock
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
You may want to swing by the plastics exhibit at Innoventions. I think they may talk a little about the structure of plastics.

r4kids
09-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I think this might be what she is talking about:

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Nov06/nano.Epcot.sl.html

If that doesn't work, I did a google search "EPCOT Science Atom".

:)

This is pefect. Is it still up and running in Epcot? We haven't been in Innoventions in a couple of years. There was never enough time, but we are doing 2 days in Epcot this year.

Laura670
09-14-2007, 02:57 PM
This is pefect. Is it still up and running in Epcot? We haven't been in Innoventions in a couple of years. There was never enough time, but we are doing 2 days in Epcot this year.

We were there in January and yes it was still up and running then :mickey:

murphy1
09-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry about writing all that other stuff ! LOL Yes, I saw it's open when we were there in June.