PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Characters?

Hayden's Dad
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
This past May we were in Epcot during the flower and garden festival and just outside Morocco across the street by the lake was Aladdin posing for pictures and signing autographs, but I distincltly remember him and Genie about a year or two ago back tucked inside one of the shops towards the back of the Morocco Pavilion. Have the changed the character meeting spots or was this just a fluke? We will be there during the holiday season and want to find as many characters as possible.:mickey: Thanks

like2workout
09-14-2007, 11:44 AM
aladdin, jasmine, and the genie seem to move around. they are sometimes inside the morocco everywhere and they are sometimes out front. they are much easier to get if you find them in the morocco stores. there's a backdrop there where you can get some good pics made, and i've seen genie just hanging out in the store with hardly anyone around as you don't know he's there unless you go in the store.

jkj1224
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
typically these days genie and the gang in morrocco are out in front by the water, but if it rains I believe they still take them inside the stores in the back. :)

Hayden's Dad
09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Is Aladding and the gang the only ones that have changed positions or have the others that are typically in the back of the pavillions in the stores changed spots also?

tlhewitt52
09-14-2007, 01:22 PM
I think all the characters move around in and out of countries, I didn't know this last may we were just looking for the characters out in front of the countries and later found out that some of them hide out in stores, so we missed characters we are leaving tonight for the world and I am going to make sure we walk through the countries this time not just by them to make sure we don't miss anything!

like2workout
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
i've done the same thing about just walking around the countries and missing characters. last year we were coming out of mexico and the 3 caballeros were outside, but on the other side of a big wall as you come out the right side of mexico. if you just walked by, you'd never see them. you'd only see them coming out of mexico. so i've learned my lesson now to walk around some. it can pay off!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Mulan and Mushu were like that too... unless you happened to be leaving that shop at that exact time, you would never have known. My daughter was going through her Mulan phase of movie picks and was kinda obsessed with her and Mushu, so imagine a 2 year olds surprise when we walk out of the store just as they are getting set up for pictures! She loved it and still talks about it (happened in July).

I think it is kinda fun to "find" characters. Though, this is coming from a passholder, so if I were here on a week long trip or so, I would get frustrated by not being able to know where all the characters were.

Another thing to do: guest services usually know who is going to be where.

But yeah, rain can change where Jasmine, Genie, and Aladdin end up... :o)

I ramble...sorry. I love talking about Disney experiences. I can't help it.

joanna71985
09-15-2007, 01:14 AM
This past May we were in Epcot during the flower and garden festival and just outside Morocco across the street by the lake was Aladdin posing for pictures and signing autographs, but I distincltly remember him and Genie about a year or two ago back tucked inside one of the shops towards the back of the Morocco Pavilion. Have the changed the character meeting spots or was this just a fluke? We will be there during the holiday season and want to find as many characters as possible.:mickey: Thanks

Weather will move the characters inside. Other then that, they are outside (except for the UK ones). You can find:
Mexico- a combination of Donald, Panchito, and Jose Carioca (usually it is Donald and/or Jose)

China- Mulan and/or Mushu

Germany- Snow White and/or Dopey

Morocco- usually Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie

France- usually Belle, Beast, Aurora, and once in awhile Marie

UK- usually Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Mary Poppins, and Alice

Canada- usually Kenai and Koda

pixiesmimi
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
We were there in August and Jasmine and Aladdin were out under the tree overlooking the water outside of Morocco. We just happened upon them because we were looking for Photopass photographers. My DH had his picture made with them. We saw Snow White tucked back in by a fence between villages (can't remember which) and Belle and Beast were out by the water also in front of France. By the time we got up to them, the line was long and they weren't letting them stay out more than just a few minutes because of the heat. Also, one of the photographers said she was supposed to be taking pictures of Donald over by Mexico. We went by there but didn't see him. Those were the only characters we saw at Epcot and were surprised to see these.