PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I make an advanced dining reservation?

deva
09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I have tried to call the wdw-dine line 6 times in the last 2 days and cannot get through. I've been on hold for at least 5-10 minutes each time before I have to hang up.

Is there a secret I don't know about that will help me talk to someone?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I had no problems getting through calling in the afternoon, but a lot of people call first thing in the morning at 7 am est. The later in the day it gets, the longer the waits on hold can be. There is a 1-800 number if the long distance is a problem, and maybe someone will post that for you. I don't know it.

krose78
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
1-877-939-3732

Pocahontas
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I just called yesterday to make my ADR's. I called around 4:30 in the afternoon and my wait time was 5-7 minutes. I did initially get the message that they were currently experencing high volumes of calls, so I actually expected a much longer wait. All I can suggest is try again when you can just sit and wait on hold even if it takes 10-15 minutes (I doubt that it would actually take that long). You may want to wait while in front of the computer (it helps time go faster for me, especially when on Intercot).

FriendsofMickey
09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
They have really busy times such as first couple of hours in the morning, lunchtime, dinner time (right after work).

I would try calling at 'off times' such as 2:00 EST in the afternoon, 7:00 at night. I have also noticed that a lot of times if they say the are experiencing a large quantity of calls, the wait is less. I would guess because a lot of people hang up.

mickey&missy
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
I called at 9 am Monday morning and right through.

I was on the phone for an hour! First I spoke to a lady in dining, then she transfered me to group dining for 2 of my ADR's and then that lady transfered me to Magical Gathering so I could reserve our grand gatherings experiences. Little did I know that the women in Magical Gatherings could have done it all for me! It wasn't a problem though, all the people I spoke to were super nice and helpful!!

Samtastic
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Sometimes you just have to be patient. If holding the phone for that long is frustrating, I often put my phone on speakerphone while waiting so I can just place the phone next to me, and then put it back to normal when the person picks up.

Madame Leona
09-14-2007, 12:15 PM
It seems like everytime I've ever called, I've had quite a long wait time. Just be patient and good luck.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Yesterday I called and waited about 15-20 mins before I got through. I think with the free dining plan going on they are having a lot of people call to try to make reservations.

deva
09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you for the advice everyone.

IloveDisney71
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
I waited on hold for 30 minutes once to get ADR"S for the candlelight processional - but I called right when the line opened up. But when i call later in the day, I don't have to wait as long.

deva
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

OP here.

I called at 9:45 tonight, waited until 10:26, and finally got a ring. As it turns out, I answered the survey. I was surveyed on how good my nonexistent service was.

Do they close at a certain hour?

mermaidmarian
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the CM taking the reservations has a whole script that they have to go through with each guest, making sure that they understand what they have to do, etc. IME, these calls usually take a minimum of 10 minutes, no matter what.

SBETigg
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

OP here.

I called at 9:45 tonight, waited until 10:26, and finally got a ring. As it turns out, I answered the survey. I was surveyed on how good my nonexistent service was.

Yes, I believe they stop taking calls at ten pm est. So they would have closed while you were still on the line, but I would have expected a message to come on and tell you that, or something. Sorry about the frustrating experience!

Jared
09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

OP here.

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I've never had any problems making reservations, but I hope you finally reach a live person soon!

KylesMom
09-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I would assume, too, that the high call rate might have something to do with the 180 day window just opening up for around Easter time /Spring Break 2008. Keep trying!