PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY!! Happy Wife, Happy Life?

MickeysGirl
09-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Hello everybody and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Tomorrow is a very interesting celebration! And being that it's officially my first, I figured we should most certainly celebrate!

Tomorrow is Wife Appreciation Day! I suppose we'll wait for Nigel to come in here and say something nice, but I'll be happy to get the celebration started for the rest of our lovely INTERCOT wives who probably do much more work than they ever get thanked for!! So thanks to all the great women out there who manage to do so much in a day and keep everything in line. This party is for you...

What a Wonderful
Wife Extravaganza! :groom: :notworth: :bride:

Happy Friday Everybody!

Specialty Drink of the Day: :marg: Southern Bride
... with chocolate milk for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:papple: :beer: :wine:

Have a great weekend everyone! We'll be having our first low key weekend in a month and a half. We have no where to go, nothing to do, and I can't wait! Enjoy!!

For those interested:

SOUTHERN BRIDE

1 1/2 oz. Gin
1 oz. Grapefruit Juice
1 dash Maraschino Cherry

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

pogo
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Happy Friday Everyone !

Wife Appreciation Day is every day in our house !:thumbsup:

I'll pass on the drink and just have coffee.... I've got way too much work today ! :blush:

Enjoy and have a great and safe weekend everyone ! :D

JanetMegan
09-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Well I'm not a wife anymore ;) But congrats to all the happy wives out there!!

Happy Friday everyone, I also have my first non-busy non-company weekend in over a month so I'm going to watch some tv, do crafts, cook and generally be a lazy bum ;)

Caroleh
09-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

I just told the DH...but honestly he treats me wonderfully everyday!!! I'll be the first to say he really spoils me!!

I'll pass on the drink today, just give me my Dr. Pepper.

ElenitaB
09-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Here's to all our wonderful INTERCOT wives :notworth: I'm not one of 'em but I can appreciate those who are! :D Just hope their DHs appreciate them too (you know who you are, guys).

That sure sounds like a wonderful drink but I'll have to pass. Can I just have some grapefruit juice instead? :blush:

No plans here either except to :mop: :laundry: :dishes: :iron: :stir:

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Mickey'sGirl
09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Happy Friday everyone! As a wife, I appreciate the appreciation :clappy: :clappy:

Relatively calm weekend (but I have to say that quietly or all heck will break loose!) --- so I should be able to stay out of trouble! Stay safe everyone!! :mickey:

disneydrmr
09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll have to make sure my DH reads this thread...and like Jenn.. I appreciate the appreciation too! Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

krose78
09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Boy wife appreciation day and my birthday. Tomorrow I should be treated like a queen. Yea right. I'll still have to take care of the kids and do the laundry. I think I might take that drink.

Beach Club Babe
09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
:clappy: Happy Friday to all! :clappy:

I'm not much for grapefruit juice, so how bout a margarita instead! :marg:

tinkwest
09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
You've made me stop & think, Jamie. While I may moan and feel unappreciated at times, overall I'd have to say that DH does really appreciate me & what I do. (And vice versa).

Now all I need is a Manager Appreciation Day (for work) and I'll be set!

Slide down the :beer: ! - Oh, wait . . . it isn't even 8am here yet! -- What the heck! --- Slide down the :beer: !

vizsla
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
:beer:Happy Friday Everyone:beer:

SgtTigger
09-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Happy Friday Everyone.......

Well I dont see Dr. Nigel here yet...........

Ok here is the problem I see with this holiday.......

If no one tells us guys that it is a special day how are we suppose to know??????

See this is how we get in trouble.........

On that note Happy Friday everyone....

:cop: :tigger:

Dr_Nigel_C
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Happy Friday, everyone!

Well, Jamie and I just got back from Wife Appreciation Dinner (tm)!

:-D

Hope you all are having a great day -- drinks are on the way!

conorsmom2000
09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
hmpf! I find out it's Wife Appreciation Day after I spent all day food shopping, cooking and cleaning! :blush: Must check Friday thread earlier in the day.... (and must make Mike read it....)

Happy Friday all! And have a great weekend! We have the 5k walk we run for Organ Donor Awareness tomorrow so think sunny thoughts for us - right now we're looking at 60% chance of rain! :umbrella:

Mousefever
09-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey Jen! It's not too late! Today is wife appreciation day! (Happy 5K by the way!) Today I'm being appreciated in the following ways:
1) DH and DS are out golfing and leaving me in peace to work on my microbiology paper.
2) When they get home DH will appreciate me by watching more golf and leaving me in peace to work on my microbiology paper.
3) DH will not notice all the housekeeping items I have yet to complete. (He is very wonderful about that 365 days/year.)

Happy Friday/Saturday everyone!

:dory: