PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Final Choices!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
We just booked our MYW package for 7 nights with dining plan at the end of November. I was able to lock in ADR's for Artist Point and (for my first time) LeCellier (w/candlelight processional package):cloud9:

With Artist Point being a 2TS restaraunt that leaves us four more choices. We think we want to try Ohana and Boma, neither of which we've been to. Assuming I can get ADR's for them:fingers: that still leaves 2 more choices.

Some thoughts we had:
-Rose & Crown
-Biergarten
-Liberty Tree Tavern
-Spoodles
-France
-Italy

We can only choose 2, so what are your thoughts or other recommendations?

Thanks!!

Natazu
09-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Of your choices listed, I'd think the new restaurant in Italy might be a worth a try. Also, Spoodle's has good food but sometimes the service is less than stellar.

I'd like to suggest Marrakesh. We've had many wonderful meals there. The food is delicious and not a exotic as one might think. Kona Café is another of my favorite places at WDW, proabably the best 1TS restaurant on property now that I think about it.

TKDONALD
09-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Well I like Italy & Liberty Tree Tavern

jenperich
09-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Well, we're going to Rose and Crown and Le Cellier in Nov. But, we've never been so I can't tell you anything about them. I don't think italy's restaurant will be open yet in Nov. I could be wrong though. Good luck trying to decide. Oh, and we're also trying Artist Point for the first time. i can't wait!!

Jared
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Listen to Jym and try Kona Cafe. It's arguably my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, along with 'Ohana and Boma.

If you can handle another buffet, Cape May Cafe is always a delicious option.

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Listen to Jym and try Kona Cafe. It's arguably my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, along with 'Ohana and Boma.

If you can handle another buffet, Cape May Cafe is always a delicious option.

This is one where I differ with Jym. To me, Kona Cafe is just about the worst on property. It used to be decent. My last visit, the food and service was awful. But mine is the only negative review I've ever seen (which really surprises me, because it was so overwhelmingly sub par). I can only conclude that I was there on an off night but still, I wouldn't recommend it. Grand Floridian Cafe should be back to normal operation by then and it is a much better choice. But I agree with Marrakesh, fun time.

I have recent reviews for Rose & Crown (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115562) and Biergarten (http://http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114615) that may help you make a decision.

mrsgaribaldi
09-14-2007, 08:49 AM
We just ate at Rose & Crown on Tue and had a great meal. Our server, Rose, was outstanding. The food was delicious too:thumbsup: Sticky toffee pudding is my new favorite food;)

limegreenmonorail
09-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Well. if it were me, I'd want to get a character meal in there somewhere, so I'd go with Liberty Tree Tavern (or Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, my personal faves). Then, if you want to stick with Epcot, maybe Italy or Rose and Crown (normally with Rose and Crown, I'd suggest outdoor seating to watch Illuminations, but that might be a tad chilly in November:snowball:).

How about something a little more fun, like Primetime, or Whispering Canyon? I know whenever I go to Artist Point, we walk right by Whispering Canyon on the way, when I hear all the fun they're having, I get mad at myself for not getting reservations for Whispering Canyon during our trip, too. :mickey:

Joy2theworld
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I will agree with the others about Kona... We ate there a few weeks ago and it was the best meal we had all week and we ate at many of the better places including Le Cellier.

MsMin
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I love Spoodles on that list. It has a Mediterranean flair. We were there last Dec. and it was one of our top choices. I can't wait to go back there. :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Kona Cafe and San Angel Inn :tasty:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey, I just noticed I got my 3rd star while posting:party:

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've just locked in Ohana and Boma to add onto Artist Point and Lecellier, so we are looking good.

Couple follow up questions. Has anyone done Biergarten (and is it a good use of Dining Plan)?

Is it overkill to do both Ohana and Kona?

I've tried to get into Italy, but other than Candlelight processional packages they are not taking ADRs for the new restaraunt. I tried Whispering Canyon as I've been reading that is a fun experience, but can't get in much before 9:00pm and I don't like that.

One poster recommended Marakesh. We did that back in 2005 and although I enjoyed the ambiance and dancing, the food for me was nothing to get excited about.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

mainemajor
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
How about a trip to AKL and Boma's? We loved it. Their soups were a fantastic addition to the rest of the buffet.