PDA

View Full Version : Towels & Sheets?

KylesMom
09-13-2007, 10:15 PM
DH and I are getting serious about checking out a DVC Studio Resale @ VWL. I understand that Mousekeeping is not a general part of ownership.

How do you get clean towels and sheets? Do you have to wash your own? Is there a location within the lodge whereby you can "pick up" clean linens? If you're in dire straights can you use the pool towels?

Thanks for helping us understand this nuance of ownership! :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Mousekeeping comes in very fourth day for trash and towel service and give the rooms a general cleaning. If you wanted Mousekeping to come in and clean everyday there is an additional fee, which is costly. Also if you did need to any of your own laundry, it is free for DVC members.

Maleficent's Dad
09-14-2007, 06:21 AM
DH and I are getting serious about checking out a DVC Studio Resale @ VWL.
I'm guessing you're going to buy points at the VWL.

Towels aren't usually a problem for us - just hang them up to dry after use, or if you do use a 1BR or larger, you can wash them daily.

As mentioned above, in all DVC resorts, laundry rooms are free of charge for you to use, and in most cases, those staying in studios are the only people who would need to take advantage of this perk. (Other DVC accomodations have laundry facilities in their rooms already.)

I think that you're not supposed to take towels from the pool area, but we've seen many people do so. I'm guessing that Disney knows about it as there's no "enforcement" on this.

Good luck with your decision! :mickey:

Carol
09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm a wash after one use towel person and have never had a problem. We simply toss them into the washer before we leave the room in the morning and then throw them into the dryer when we return.

Sheets are not a problem since they are changed out during the week.

I thought I would not like doing without maid service daily - but I actually like knowing no one is going into my room while I'm out.

wendy*darling
09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
:ditto:

We love having the washer in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas. I will do our laundry, and even throw the towels in once or twice.
But when we stay in a studio, we just hang the towels up and they dry just fine.

I do not feel the need for them to change sheets during our stay. Even when we stay in a "regular" hotel room, we choose the option of not having the linens replaced. Disney even provides a card with Jimny Cricket (Environmentality) to allow guests to make that decision.

As previously mentioned, DVC does offer the option of daily Mousekeeping- it's just an additional charge.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-20-2007, 12:19 AM
I have just been throwing our towels in the wash this past week.

I washed the sheets for the pull out this am since my DD spilled her chocolate milk on them.

Piece of cake. :thumbsup:

VAdizneefan
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
If you wanted fresh towels on a non-trash/towel day, could you call mousekeeping and have them bring you a new set or does that fall into the pay as you play rules? I don't mean that you'd want a new set everyday, just maybe once or twice.

FiggyFan
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
That does fall into pay as you play. You get fresh towels every 4th day. In between, you can order fresh towels for the proverbial "nominal charge" (that is my way of saying that I don't know how much :blush:).

Carol
09-25-2007, 07:49 AM
If you do not want to wash your own towels daily you can get more from Mousekeeping for $6.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00
1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

Coffee Package, $3.00
1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

Towel Package, $6.00
4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

Laundry Detergent
(only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Housekeeping Daily Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $25.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $30.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $40.00 per day requested
Grand Villa - $60.00 per day requested
Trash & Towel - $10.00 per day requested.

JMTStone
09-28-2007, 09:17 PM
What I love about the in-room washer/dryer is the fact that I can pack LESS CLOTHES. With a 15 year old clothes-horse and a 5 year old who loves spaghetti, we go through a lot of clothes at Disney World.

53 days and counting.

diz_girl
09-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Poly Girl -

Thanks for the Mousekeeping rates. I'm a WDW fan who is considering DVC membership at some point in the future and this information is a help.

By the way, how do you reconcile your love for the Polynesian with DVC ownership? From what I understand, it is not economically feasible to use your points to stay at a non-DVC resort.

Thanks,
Amanda

Carol
10-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Poly Girl -
By the way, how do you reconcile your love for the Polynesian with DVC ownership? From what I understand, it is not economically feasible to use your points to stay at a non-DVC resort.The Polynesian is and always will be our favorite resort. It holds so many wonderful memories for my family. That will never change. We do miss it - but visit every trip. :lei:

That being said; it came to the point where we needed more space and it was not economical to book 2 rooms at the Polynesian. We really love the 2-bedroom villas and remain very happy with our DVC purchase.

From what I understand, it is not economically feasible to use your points to stay at a non-DVC resort.It is not - but it is an option. I can honestly say I'd find it very difficult to travel with my family and stay in a standard room. One stay in a villa and you'll know what I mean.

diz_girl
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Carol,

Thanks for the insight.

Since there will soon be a DVC location at the CR, I wouldn't be surprised if one day there is a DVC location at another monorail resort, namely the Poly. It should be able to be easily blended with the rest of the resort by keeping with the longhouse theme. There may could be space to build an extra longhouse on that spot of land by the TTC or on the other side of Luau Cove, or take over an existing longhouse. I would definitely buy at the Poly in a heartbeat.

Amanda