PDA

View Full Version : New pin game?

tinksmom02
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Got a newsletter from another site and they mentioned a pin game that is available at the pin store in DTD, I think Mousegears, and somewhere else. For $5, you get to play a game and at the end you get a randomly selected pin...

Can anyone provide more info on this? Have you seen it? TIA!

JPL
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
The information I have regarding this is rather vague right now. My understanding is they will feature a few pin series made up of 5 pins each. You have 3 chances to win a pin but everyone will win 1 pin per play no matter what and you can only win once per play. So basically you are paying $5 a pin and the game is not really important. The pins given out will be randomly so it really looks like a nice money making machine for Disney with people trying to complete each set. I would guess that most of these pins will be widely available on CM lanyards so they can be obtained alot cheaper through trading.

jkj1224
09-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen the actual machines but just pictures, they look somewhat similar to those old gumball machines that distribute the little plastic balls with the prizes in them...that general idea anyway.

tinksmom02
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info...it sounds cute. DD's always begging me to play crazy arcade games, crane machines, etc...she'll be shocked when I "let" her play this! LOL

MickeyandTink
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
We saw these machines in several places last week. It looked like there are three pin "designs" made up of five pieces each. The full five piece design is too big to wear on a lanyard, so you would either just have to wear the various sections or wait until you get home and put it on a display board. You get three containers (each containing one piece) for every $5 you put in. The pieces are random, so you could put in $20 or $30 and still not have a complete design. I saw a few kids with pieces on their lanyards, but did not see anyone with what looked like a complete set. Did not see any CM's with pieces either.

Personally, I would rather just buy the whole pin, but I'm sure Disney sees it as a moneymaker.