PDA

View Full Version : Your Top Three

clou1028
09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
What are your top three dining experiences at WDW? The whole package - great food, great service. What did you have?

Mine are:

#1 - Fulton's Crab House in DTD (97). The most divine meal I have ever had in my life. We had a voucher for a fine dining meal with our wedding package. We chose Fultons. The waiter, wanting to give us the most bang for vouchers, made wonderful suggestions. We had crab cakes for our appetizers, for our entree we had Filet Mingon and GIANT crab claws. I think it came with a potato or vegatable, I had red skin potatoes. For dessert, I had a slice of Key Lime pie, and DH had the most divine chocolate something that was amazing. The waiter even gave us a copy of our "bill", what we would of paid had we not had the vouchers - $193. And remember, that was 10 years ago. Our waiter was a gem.

#2 - Portobello Yacht Club, DTD (00) - Again, I had a voucher, I was there on a Travel Agent Trip. Twin Australian Lobster tails - fabulous!! Calamari appetizer, chocolate something cake. I don't think I've ever had better Lobster. Wonderful first class service.

#3 'Ohanas at Poly (03) Another free meal, I was on a business trip. Not only is the food so fabulous - Grilled chicken, pork, beef - but what a fun place to eat! Great Atmosphere! Our waiter had a kind of brash sense of humor that maybe not everyone would take to, but I thought he was great.

Well I am certainly lucky to have had the fine dining experiences that I did. Trust me, I'm no high roller, all these places are expensive, especially Portobello and Fultons. 'Ohanas is a little more affordable. No free meals this next trip, it's all on us. But we are going to 'Ohanas to celebrate our anniversary. 10 years after all! I would like to try something different, because we've already been there, but I am sentimental about the Poly because we got married there.

Honorable mentions - The Spirit of Aloha DS, (great food and drinks), and Kona Cafe for breakfast.

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
1. Ohana
2. LeCellier
3. The Liberty Tree Tavern (I know some people won't agree but my whole family loves this place and begs to eat here for every trip.)

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
1. Artist Point ( Wilderness Lodge )
2. Teppan Edo ( was Teppenyaki ), Epcot
3. Le Celliar, Epcot
:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

TKDONALD
09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
1) Yachtsman steak house
2) libert tree tavern
3) Ohana

dml
09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
1. Alfredo di Roma, EPCOT - I am very disappointed that this restaurant is closing.:( They served the best fettuccini alfredo anywhere! As an Italian, I hope they get a good replacement.

2. O'hana, Polynesian - breakfast or dinner - The atmosphere and food are excellent

3. Liberty Tree Tavern, MK - dinner. A CM recommended it to us a few trips back and we've gone every trip since. Great food and a fun atmosphere.

:mickey::mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
1. Victoria & Albert's in Dec. 05. DH had asked me before our trip what was the one thing I had always wanted to do at WDW...I said eat at V&A's. So he made reservations and set up child care as a surprise. What an amazing meal and event!

2. Artist Point...same trip. The food and service was just amazing. I can't say enough about the mushroom soup especially. Our server, Mickey, was one of the best we've ever had.

3. Narcoossee's, both Sept 03 (honeymoon) and June 07...Superb service and food. The view is amazing as well. The desserts are some of the most creative and delicious you'll find. Great for a date night!!

GhostHost999
09-13-2007, 10:44 PM
My how things have changed...my last trip to WDW sadly was in '01. At the time Le Cellier was the best kept secret in EPCOT.

Now everyone raves about it. (with good reason)

my faves...in no particular order.

1) Coral Reef - I loved seeing all the aquatic life in the theater style booth seating. Plus the Lobster bisque is to die for.

2) Ohana - You'll never go hungry in this joint. Lots of fun, a killer view, friendly folks working there, and coconut rolling!

3) Le Cellier - What's not to like about this place? It's never overly crowded. The food is fantastic (make sure you try the cheddar cheese soup). And the atmosphere is just great.

:mickey:

Natazu
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
#1 Victoria & Alberts:
Victoria & Albert's is a beautifully decorated gourmet dining room. The seatings are small, less than 70 people, so its quiet. When you are seated, you will be presented with the night's menu, personalized just for you right down to any allergies each person might have.

You'll tell your team of servers (who now use their real names instead of Victoria & Albert) what item you want from each of the six expertly crafted courses. Wine pairings are available for each course or by the bottle from $20 - $10,000. Then, your experience begins. Every aspect of gourmet dining is observed, from crummers to the Queen Victoria dessert spoon. Through each course, you will receive the best service imaginable from the Vicky's team. The food is always exactly as it should be. In fact, I find myself eating things that I would never eat at home, zuchini, squash, patè. Its all so good. The service is exceptional - friendly but not overly so, diligent but not assiduous, knowledgable but not bombastic. The whole experience is very relaxing from beginning to end.

And then there's the coffee.... oooh, the coffee. Worth a trip to Orlando by itself.

#2 California Grill:
Review Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=87936)

#3 Kona Cafe:
Review Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102628)

09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
1) Biergarten
2) Crystal Palace
3) CRT

#1donaldfan
09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
#1 Fulton's......I had crab cakes, DW had the stuffed lobster, kids had shimp and steak......the wait time was Zero......the wait staff were the best ever......the view was astounding......the food.....just making me hungry thinking about it........110% satisfied with Fulton's......

#2 Teppan Edo ( was Teppenyaki )..... Scallops for me, DW / DKids had steak and shrimp.....again little to no wait time.....staff was very funny and talented......food was amazing........

#3 Boatwrights POR (breakfast).....always have the french toast and sweet potato pancakes........I can only say this place is the total package for breakfast.......BAR NONE !!

MsMin
09-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I love
Coral Reef
Spoodles
and CRT before it changed.

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
1) California Grill (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114779)

2) Narcoossee's

3) Empress Room at the Empress Lilly (now closed and reopened as Fulton's, a different place). The Empress Room was a memorable meal when I was 12 and they set a silver covered plate in front of me, lifted the lid, bowed, and said "presenting the oysters." It was as if I was being introduced to my food! Too funny, for a kid. And again on my honeymoon, it was an amazing meal. Frogs legs and escargot, perfectly done fork tender filet, and excellent service. I miss it. It was the Victoria and Albert's of its day and it closed shortly after V and A opened as the Disney Buena Vista Marketplace took on a new identity as Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island.

jwallace378
09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
#1. Yachtsman Steakhouse
#2. Fulton's
#3. Narcoose's

laprana
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I would agree with everyone who has said 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Both are fantastic! At 'Ohana, the food was so good, especially the turkey, and there was so much of it! We were seated right by the window, so throughout our meal we could look out over the water and right at MK. It was really magical!

Le Cellier is wonderful. The best steak I have ever had was at Le Cellier. Our server was very good and friendly, and everyone in our group loved their meal. Before we stayed on property and had the DDP, Le Cellier was one of those restaurants we always walked by and said, "I wish we could eat there tonight!" We finally did last June and it was well worth the wait! Now a must-do for us!!

I would also add Spoodles to my list. It was a restaurant that I was a little nervous about at first because I don't usually like Mediterranean food that much. But, we wanted to try something new and different, and we were so glad we did! The food was amazing! The atmosphere was great, too. We were seated near the open kitchen, which I loved because we could watch the chefs preparing the different dishes. It was really neat to watch the chef preparing the flatbreads because they were cooked in an open brick oven. That poor guy looked so hot! Another plus for Spoodles is that its's right on the Boardwalk!

Gosh, I'm getting hungry now!:)

Vinny
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
My top three are:

1. Ohana
2. Le Cellier
3. Hollywood Brown Derby

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Biergarten - I love the atmosphere here. It is one of my favorite. It is so cute and they have great live music. The servers are always friendly and the food is great.

O'hana's - The food is wonderful and you get tons of it. Our servers was so nice. We never had to ask for anything.

Wolfgang Pucks - We always getting treated well here. Both times we went we were celebrating (honeymoon and anniversary). They brought us a free desert both times. Our servers are always helpful. I've never had anything on the menu that I didn't like.

KarenP
09-14-2007, 12:47 PM
My top 3 are Teppanyaki, 'Ohana and Le Cellier.

disneycouple2004
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Ohana's
Teppan Edo ( was Teppenyaki ), Epcot
Coral Reef

DisneyCouture
09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
1. Chefs de France
2. Le Cellier
3. Liberty Tree Tavern

sillyolbear
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Citricos
Flying FIsh
Artist Point

LandFan
09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
1) Dinner at Cindy's - (before fairy godmother) during the fireworks (talk about watching it from a new perspective!) on our first night there back in 2005 during free dining. We all had prime rib and it was a fabulous evening!

2) Le Cellier

3) Boma (we just love it!)

limegreenmonorail
09-16-2007, 02:45 PM
My top 3 are...
1) Artist Point - Such a beautiful restaurant, in an amazingly beautiful hotel. Service is above and beyond (they went completely out of the way for me on my birthday...I'll never forget that dinner), and food is wonderful.
2) Le Cellier - This dimly-lit, cool, peaceful restaurant is so refreshing after you've been traipsing around Epcot all morning. Food is to die for, and service is great.
3) Primetime - You just can't ask for better service than this. It's one of the most entertaining and memorable places to eat in all of Disney, in my opinion. Super food, and I just love how hilarious and interactive this dining experience is.

Horizon93
09-16-2007, 04:02 PM
1. Le Cellier. Great atmosphere. The servers are always willing to tell you things about Canada. Service is outstanding. And the food....incredible!
2. Jiko. Beautiful restaurant in a beautiful resort! Great service, friendly servers. And once again, and incredible menu!
3. San Angel Inn. I know this is not everyone's fave, but DW and I have been there for so many anniversary dinners. It is one of the most scenic restaurants there is. Great food, great beverages, great memories.

SurferStitch
09-16-2007, 10:38 PM
1. Victoria and Albert's - This is the ultimate fine dining experience. It's our favorite, and we can't wait to go back on December 12th. :cloud9:

2. Narcoossee's - Our absolute favorite signature restaurant (actually, it's our favorite all around, with exception to #1 above). We NEVER miss dining here....it's not a trip to WDW without a dinner here. We'll be back on December 8th. :thumbsup:

3. Cali Grill - Again, this is a must-do for us. December 13th is the big day. :number1:

BritCody
09-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern

luvdiznee
09-17-2007, 07:53 AM
BOMA, Coral Reef and WCC! :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
09-17-2007, 08:04 AM
1. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
2. Dinner at Bomas
3. Dinner at Crystal Palace

lockedoutlogic
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
The top 3 WDW restaurants are:

1. V&A;s
2. Boma
3. Citrico's

Hon mention to - Cali Grill, Artist's Point, Fulton's, Wolfgang Puck, and Yachtsman's

lockedoutlogic
09-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern

got a thing for people in fuzzy costumes, huh?

Gottaluvgoof
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Le Cellier - The people are always VERY friendly. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is very nice. We tend to go here every trip.

Ohana - Lots of good food and fun

Chef Mickeys - The kids love it and it's nice to get a good breakfast after so many delicious dinners.

bobpfef
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
CA Grill
Coral Reef
Ohana's

lightyearfan
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
here's our list:

1. ohana's - simply the best
2. le celluir- wow the knife cuts threw the meat like butter
3.boatwrights dining hall- at least 1 breakfest should be done here, me and dw feel that this is the best for breakfest

victor

kim1st
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I need to plan another trip :mickey:!

Your posts are making me jealous! Our '06 trip was all about the kids, so here were my 3 favorite dining experiences:

#3. 1900 Park Fare (for dinner) -- the buffet was actually decent, plus Prince Charming was there. By then the kids had the "hug, pose, autograph" routine down really well - which was totally cute.

#2. CRT (for dinner) -- I love how they even did fine dining for the kids - who knew carrots, celery & cheese sticks could actually look ELEGANT? Plus - my 2 year old was so cute - she was afraid that the mice would take her cheese :-)

#1. The night we cancelled our Chef Mickeys ADR because we were having so much fun in the Magic Kingdom that we just stayed there and ate - whatever - when we got back to WL!

My youngest will be turning 4 in 2008, so she'll finally be old enough for the Cub's Den or Neverland Club or something. I can't wait to go back and have 3 new favorites - maybe even a grown up one!!!!

:eat:

Jared
09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
In no particular order, my three favorite restaurants are 'Ohana, Boma and Kona Cafe.

HndrdPrcnt
09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
CA Grill
O'Hana / Hoop de Doo (tie) &
Wilderness Cafe' for breakfast

Rodders
09-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Last time we were there we didn't eat at nearly enough TS restaurants to form an opinion. We had so much fun in the parks that we had CS for almost every meal. Next year we are on the dining plan (Free :number1:) so I need to make ADRs. We are struggling to decide as it's so far in advance. When I saw this thread I thought that It would really help as there is bound to be some consensus. Then I read through and realised that everyone likes totally different things. Here are all of the votes in a table with the corresponding number of votes

15 Ohanas
12 LeCellier
6 Liberty Tree
5 Coral Reef
5 Cali Grill
5 Boma
4 Artist Point
4 Vic & Albert
4 Narcoossee's
4 CRT
3 Fultons
3 Teppan Edo
2 Yachtsman
2 Kona
2 Biergarten
2 Crystal Palace
2 Boatwrights
2 Spoodles
2 Citricos
2 Chef Mickeys
2 1900 Park Fare
1 Portobello
1 Alfredo
1 Empress Room
1 Hollywood BD
1 Wolfgang Pucks
1 Teppanyaki
1 Chefs de France
1 Flying Fish
1 Primetime
1 Jiko
1 San Angel Inn
1 WCC
1 Wilderness Cafe

So I will certainly book Ohanas, LeCellier and Liberty Tree but after that it's pretty even

Any surprises in that list?

Thanks for sharing guys :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-18-2007, 08:30 AM
So I will certainly book Ohanas, LeCellier and Liberty Tree but after that it's pretty even

Any surprises in that list?

Thanks for sharing guys :thumbsup:

How great to see it out in a list, Rodders! Thanks for taking the effort. I'm surprised that Kona only made two mentions after the flack I got for reviewing my bad experience there. I think it's more beloved than two mentions would indicate.

I'm also surprised that more people aren't mentioning signature dining restaurants. To my recent experience, our signature dining just blew most of the regular dining away, even though the regular dining can also be terrific.

Rodders
09-18-2007, 08:39 AM
How great to see it out in a list, Rodders! Thanks for taking the effort. I'm surprised that Kona only made two mentions after the flack I got for reviewing my bad experience there. I think it's more beloved than two mentions would indicate.

I'm also surprised that more people aren't mentioning signature dining restaurants. To my recent experience, our signature dining just blew most of the regular dining away, even though the regular dining can also be terrific.

I was thinking that. I wonder if people are taking price into account here?