PDA

View Full Version : Theme park bus position.....

crazeedizneefinatic
09-13-2007, 05:19 PM
We are staying at CBR in just 7 short days and was wondering when you exit the parks and head twords the bus stops what position is CBR? Is it as far as the value stops? Is it a far walk? Thanks!

disneymom15
09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
It's near POP if that helps at all. Im so bad at directions.

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Let's see....CBR does not have great bus stops. I was there about three weeks ago, but I do remember where most of the stops are.

At MK...it's in the farther of the two bus coverings, near the back. It's spot 16 I think, it's the second from the end. :(

At Epcot, it's in the yellow section, which is the 2nd or third bus covering. I believe it is spot 10.

I don't remember MGM or AK. You can always check the bus stop sign at each park if you forget or don't know the bus stop number.

Mickey Loves Golf
09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
MK - LZ (load zone) 16
EC - LZ 10
Studios - LZ 10
AK - LZ 5 / BB - LZ 9
DTD (MP, PI, TL) - 6

7 Stops at CB - Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados. Old Port Royale is the stop for the food court and Barbados is close to the Custom House. You can get from stop to stop using the Internal Resort Shuttle (I think it still runs til 12am). A lot of guests utilize buses going to the various theme parks or DTD...I don't encourage this (espcially in the early morning until 11am) because you never know where that bus started and where he is dispatched to leave or the bus may go full and proceed directly to the theme park or DTD. If you do try this be sure to ask the driver if he is going to your stop.

Be SURE to pay attention to what stop you get on the bus. If later in the day you go back (especially during a closing) and can't remember the driver is probably not going to know (most of the drivers don't know what building is at what stop) so if you get on at Trinidad North, remember that you got on there so you can get off there LOL. I had a guest come up to me and ask me what stop she got on the bus in the morning. LOLOLOL She was mad because I didn't remember for her. I asked her if I was her driver and she said no....ummmmmmmmmmm I'm good but I must have missed the class on CM ESP :D

Maybe I'll see you on my bus!!!!!!!!!!! Look for Brad from Pittsburgh, PA :mickey::thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I had a guest come up to me and ask me what stop she got on the bus in the morning. LOLOLOL She was mad because I didn't remember for her. I asked her if I was her driver and she said no....ummmmmmmmmmm I'm good but I must have missed the class on CM ESP :D

Now that's funny!!!! LOL!

Gotta Love the TTA
09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Let's see....CBR does not have great bus stops. I was there about three weeks ago, but I do remember where most of the stops are.

At MK...it's in the farther of the two bus coverings, near the back. It's spot 16 I think, it's the second from the end. :(

At Epcot, it's in the yellow section, which is the 2nd or third bus covering. I believe it is spot 10.

I don't remember MGM or AK. You can always check the bus stop sign at each park if you forget or don't know the bus stop number.

You mean that atMK, the only bus stop farther than CBR is POP??

All-Stars, CSR, and POR are all closer??

yikes--wonder if it's too late to change my reservation....

Mnchknbrat1982
09-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Anyone know about Port Orleans French Quarter?

This will be the first time we use the bus transportation.

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
You mean that atMK, the only bus stop farther than CBR is POP??

All-Stars, CSR, and POR are all closer??

yikes--wonder if it's too late to change my reservation....

Yeah. But I really didn't think it was a huge deal. At MK, the PO resorts are at the very end of the 1st bus cover, so I don't think they are all that much closer. The All Stars are closer by about one stop. But I wouldn't want to ride those buses if I could avoid it. I'd rather walk a stop further.

Would you really change your reservation over a bus stop location?

Gotta Love the TTA
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I already did.

r4kids
09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
OKW stops???? We have stayed at POP and I hate the mile long trek tot he bus stops. Any info would be great!!

8 days, 2 hours and 1 min!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Loves Golf
09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Port Orleans French Quarter LZ's:

MK - LZ 6 (during the morning until about noonish FQ and Riverside are combined into LZ 5) route as follows when combined - FQ, South Depot, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot

EC - LZ 8 route as follows - FQ, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot, South Depot

Studios - LZ 14 (FQ/Riverside combined...route as follows - FQ, South Depot, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot...then the Home Depot to see if Tim the Tool Man Taylor is there eheheheh)

AK - LZ 6 / BB - LZ 6* route as follows - FQ, South Depot, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot

DTD (MP, PI, TL) LZ 1 (be sure to check the marquee on the bus because Old Key West shares this LZ so be sure your bus says Port Orleans) route as follows - Riverside West Depot, North Depot, East Depot, South Depot, FQ

Old Key West LZ's:

MK - LZ 9 route as follows - Pennisular, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House

EC - LZ 6 route as follows - Pennisular, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House

Studios - LZ 5 route as follows - Pennisular, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House

AK - LZ 9 / BB - LZ 3* route as follows - Pennisular, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House

DTD (MP, PI, TL) - LZ 1 be sure to check the marquee on the bus because Port Orleans shares this LZ so be sure your bus says Old Key West) route as follows - Hospitality House, Millers Road, Pennisular, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Hospitality House

* most all of BB LZ's are shared by resorts so be sure to check the marquee on the bus and that it has your resort on it.

r4kids
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you!! What postition are they in at the parks too?:blush:

Does that mean since we are the last to get on the bus there won't be any seats? Are we the first dropped off? This is our first time in OKW!

magicman
09-14-2007, 11:46 AM
The cheaper the resort, the further you walk.

I always have an envious look in my eye as a trek past the Poly people with their line of 4 people on my way to be with my Pop people in our line of 120.;)

Gotta Love the TTA
09-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Apparently not completely true, if All-Stars comes before CBR at MK

pixiesmimi
09-14-2007, 11:42 PM
We stayed at CBR in August and I couldn't figure out why our bus stops were always the furthest down, especially at Epcot. WAAAAY down! :) Number 12 in the last bus area. And we were one of the closest resorts to that park. I told my DH that it looks like the resorts the closest would get the closest bus stops, but not so. And it is a moderate. The bus driver will tell you that day when he drops you off where the stop to go back to the resort is. It is very easy to get to the bus stops at your village. Just walk across the parking lot from the buildings. They vary as to whether you come back to the village stops the same way you left but you will get the hang of it after the first couple of times. We never rode the internal shuttle because we were in Aruba and just walked over to Port Royal. Sometimes we would leave from there but it was usually more crowded and we would end up standing up.

CleveRocks
09-15-2007, 06:53 PM
This is untrue. It may happen from time to time, but when it does it's coincidence and not by design.

It is absolutely NOT a perk of resort level that the higher the level of resort, the less of a walk to bus stops at the parks. Absolutely untrue.

Actually, bus slots/loading zones change every so often. They are not written in stone. If you go to WDW once or twice every year and always stay at the same resort, it's highly likely you'll be using different bus slots/loading zones at each park each time.

The above is fact, not my opinion and not my observation. But I can also give some anecdotal evidence:

Nov. 2006: At MGM, the very farthest bus slot was for POR/POFQ. The one right next to us, the 2nd farthest bus slot from the MGM gate, was the loading zone for Contemporary/Poly/Grand Floridian. At MK, POFQ was loading zone 11, one of the closest slots at MK (there are 3 "lines," and CBR was at the front of the 3rd "line"). Interestingly, this was the exact loading zone used by CBR during my May 2005 trip.

May 2005: The CBR loading zone at Epcot was the farthest from the gate ... it was so far from the Epcot gate that I'm pretty sure we weren't still in Florida.

If I was at 2 different Moderates and each time was in either the closest or farthest loading zones, that means thatwe had to be closer than the Deluxes at times, and farther than the Values at other times.

Mickey Loves Golf
09-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Bus load zones are chosen at the various theme parks and DDT NOT because of value vs delux resorts. That is furthest from the truth. Disney, of all places, would not discriminate between guests staying in resorts based on price. Load zones are chosen due to how crowded that resort gets, space (for guests as well as buses) etc etc etc. Pop Century is where it is at at MK because that is the only place you could fit all the guests in one queue with LZ 17 (empty at MK) for overflow of Pop guests during peak times. It is also the only place you can triple load buses to accomodate those guests. You couldn't fit Pop guests at LZ 1 at MK because, A) there isn't enough space for the guests to stand in line, B) you cannot put more than one bus in that LZ ect ect ect.

Disney treats everyone fairly. That is one of their top priorities. Believe me, we bus drivers don't like having to pick up tired, hot and upset guests any more than you as guests want to have to walk further to be picked up by a bus at the end of a long hot day in the parks. If there were a better way, I'm sure Disney would come up with a plan. I know for a fact they weren't in a meeting one day almost time to go home and say, "Where do we put the Pop guests at MK? OH uhhhhh lets put them the furthest away because they aren't paying as much as anyone else. Yeah put em in LZ 18. Come on lets go home its late." LOLOLOL

At the Studios, Pop is LZ 9. Thats right in the middle of all the LZ's and one of the closest ones to the turnstiles on your way out of the park. Contemporary/Poly/GF guests are LZ 12...a good bit further away. It's all based on space ect....:thumbsup:

Gotta Love the TTA
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
May be they are, maybe they aren't assigned by value vs deluxe.

At the end of a long day, judgment is a little fuzzy.

Years ago, like 1993 or 4, the bus would drop you off right at the gate, and the driver would say, "Your bus back to the resort will be at LZ 12, or LZ 15, or whatever."

I'm sure that this was discontinued because of the overwhelming stupidiy of people* and possibly the new bus stop design at MK.

Still, it was really cool to be let off literally at the gate. Made me a believer in WDW transportation!

*people are stupid, panicky creatures...

Christine
09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I had a guest come up to me and ask me what stop she got on the bus in the morning. LOLOLOL She was mad because I didn't remember for her. I asked her if I was her driver and she said no....ummmmmmmmmmm I'm good but I must have missed the class on CM ESP :D

That's funny! :laughing:

DizneyRox
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Years ago, like 1993 or 4, the bus would drop you off right at the gate, and the driver would say, "Your bus back to the resort will be at LZ 12, or LZ 15, or whatever."
They still sortof do this. I've noticed at times the busses will stop at a LZ without any guests and indicate before stopping that the correct LZ was X for your return trip. Often the LZ they would stop at would be somewhat closer to the entrance than the proper LZ.