PDA

View Full Version : Which tour to try?

Crow
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
ive done the Hidden Treasures of WS in Epcot & liked it (esp since its my fav park)
possibly will do one this trip.
which do you think out of these 3?

disneycouple2004
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
We really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom..They take you under the Magic Kingdom into the tunnells..backstage, etc...includes lunch..took about 5 hours..very intresting we loved it..:thumbsup:

TKDONALD
09-13-2007, 06:02 PM
My father took the tour that had to do with the trains. If you are into trains, then i recomend that one. My father raved how good it was. But Keys to the Kingdom is good.

2GOO-FEE
09-13-2007, 06:42 PM
In 2005 My DH and I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and loved it. It was well worth the money. We learned so much more through the tour. Some things we thought we knew about but learned that we did not. Again well worth it.:thumbsup:

DDuck66
09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
We did the Keys to the Kingdom in 2004 and it was really nice...but when they say a walking tour they mean it. Definatley glad we bring the peppermint feet lotion to use at night.
The tour is informative and unique. I love the garbage disposal.

DizNee143
09-14-2007, 11:27 AM
keys to the kingdom...is the only one i have been on out of the 3 you have..and it is the best...you will really like it...although if your not sure about that one..i would go with the other epcot one since you said that was your favorite park..:mickey:

julyjewel
09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
We've been thinking about taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'll have to keep checking this thread for further info.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
It is not as easy as, which tour is better.... let me try to explain...

Keys to the Kingdom is in my opinion is the "starter tour" for those that have never been on tours before. It takes you only through MK, and does hit on many known and not so known secrets of the kingdom. It tells alot about Walt and his vision, sort of a history lesson of WDW (very cool, but lots that I already knew...) You do get to ride a few rides, but you dont get to go backstage of any of them. (you do get to go back stage later and through the utilidors) All in all a very nice tour, you get lunch included also...

Now... Backstage Magic is the "supreme" tour... It does that you to three parks, In MK you see the utilidors, in Epcot is the coolest b/c you actaully get to see inside an attraction! and in MGM you eat lunch, but do not see really anything inside the park. Backstage Magic is more about the "outside" parts of the world. You go to a prop shop, and other restricted areas that are not generally seen by the public... Here is the catch... to really appreciate the things that you see, you have to be a disney freak... In the "old parts" area we saw the real Bonnie Appetite from Kitchen Kabaret!!!!! However, if you do not know who that is, it just looks like an auto-animatronic person, you know... If you have been to disney your whole life and remember things new and old, then Backstage Magic is the way to go... If you are a "newbie," then you are not ready for it yet...

Both tours are awesome and I would recommend them both... You just have to decide on your level of readiness for the Backstage Magic tour... The backstage magic tour is a bit more expensive, but it is longer and more detailed. Remember that you get a discount on any tour with your disney visa card. And bring your walking shoes, it's a LONG day on either of them with very few places to rest...

Oh yeah, and both tours give you special pins! Too Cool!!

I hope you have fun!!!

Crow
09-14-2007, 08:17 PM
this will b my 17th trip i think so im not a newbie, thats why i was thinking of a tour again. and to get some opinions.
Id like to see behind the scenes
i do have Disney Visa & might upgrade my pass to an AP again
Epcot is my fav park & where i spend most of my time.
from what ive seen people do Keys the most, since it deals w MK

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I didn't mean to offend you, and I apologize if i did... I honestly didn't' look at your signature to see how many times you have been there...

I was just trying to say that both tours i have gone on are very different, but they are both very good...

As for UnDiscovered Future World... if you try that one I would love to hear about it, I think DH would really like that one! :mickey:

DNS
09-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I went with Keys to the Kingdom. We plan to do that one next time. I very much want to do Backstage Magic, but I'm having a hard time talking myself into taking that much time for a tour.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I've never done any of the tours but have heard great things from lots of people about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. That is is well worth the money.

Crow
09-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I didn't mean to offend you, and I apologize if i did... I honestly didn't' look at your signature to see how many times you have been there...

I was just trying to say that both tours i have gone on are very different, but they are both very good...

As for UnDiscovered Future World... if you try that one I would love to hear about it, I think DH would really like that one! :mickey:

no i didnt take it as offense & was trying to word it so it wouldnt sound like i was, sorry..
just wanted to state that i would enjoy the tours having been to WDW so many times and looking for something different. i value all opinions. i figured the Keys would b most popular due to the MK tie in.
i could do the Keys & Future World which would about equal the time taken for Backstage.. but then lunch w Backstage. but i think i would like to see behind the attractions more than the costume shop etc...i dont know:confused:
only a few days to decide

Big Daddy Tim
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I've done both the Keys to the Kingdom and the Undiscovered Future World tour. Both are excellent, but if I had my choice of one, I would pick the Kingdom tour, but barely.

The one thing I liked about the Epcot tour was visiting some of the corporate lounges that I never knew existed. Also, being able to see the second floor in the Imagination pavilion brought back so many memories of my first visit as a child.

mickey-mouse35
09-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I voted for Backstage Magic, as that's what I'm doing in October. It gives you all three parks--not just one, and seeing the behind the scenes at all three sounds so cool!!!

If you're leaving in a few days, you might call and see if any are available. I know Keys to the Kingdom sells out a lot--not sure about the other ones. Let us know what you end up doing and if you enjoyed!!!

Also, I used my AAA card and got same discount as Disney VISA. :mickey:

DisneyKim22
09-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I've done the Backstage tour twice. Once by myself and once with my husband. Some things were a bit different. The first time, we went behind the scenes of Fantasmic! and the MK parade area where we go to see the performers rehearse. The second time, we did not see either of those areas, but we did get to see the warehouse where the holiday decorations are stored and worked on for the next year.

I had one issue with the tour guide the second time around. He was a stand-in for an ill cast memeber, and it was clear he did not really know his stuff. For example, there was a parade float from the Mickey Mania Parade in one of the "yards". The main part of the float structure was red and shaped like Mickey's head. There were also little Mickey icons around the side. The guide insisted that this was from the Tapestry of Dreams parade. Out of ear shot of the other guests, I told him that it was from Mickey Mania. He firmly told me that I was mistaken. As those of you who have seen both parades know - there were no bright red Mickey head floats in Tapestry of Dreams.

However, if you get a regular guide, that tour is AMAZING!!

2Epcot
09-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Backstage Magic is the only tour that I've done, so I voted for that. I did this tour several years ago and loved it. and would enjoy doing it again. :mickey: