PDA

View Full Version : So what is the best kept Disney secret??

mickeyboy
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
on my last few trips to WDW i noticed on all the buses,and throught the enitire WDW resort about the best kept secret! What is it!!!:mickey::mickey:

thrillme
09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
It's the Disney Vacation Club. Something sorta Time Shareish.

Ian
09-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I gotta be honest ... I think the whole "best kept secret" thing is one of the stupidest ad campaigns I've ever seen.

Best kept secret my foot ... you can't swing a dead cat in Walt Disney World without it bumping into a DVC sales pitch!!!

Horizon93
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I have never actually swung a dead cat. but I believe that Ian's statement is true. They couldn't come up with one better than that? Any club with over 100,000 members would be difficult to keep secret.

princessimagineer
09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I gotta be honest ... I think the whole "best kept secret" thing is one of the stupidest ad campaigns I've ever seen.

Best kept secret my foot ... you can't swing a dead cat in Walt Disney World without it bumping into a DVC sales pitch!!!

i couldnt agree more. it is a REALY stupid add campaign, i keep on trying to search for like a pun behind it or something, i get nothing.

any sentence started in "you cant swing a dead cat around without hitting... " always makes me LOL. thanks for making my day

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: This is the funniest thing I've read all day! AND OH SO TRUE!!!

MinnieMommie
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: This is the funniest thing I've read all day! AND OH SO TRUE!!!

Me too. Thanks for the chuckle Ian. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Perhaps it was an "unknown entity" in the early and mid-90's, but as far as being a "secret," the people at DVC need to have their heads examined.

We're among the happiest DVC owners ever, and we are a bit SICK and TIRED of this ridiculous "marketing campaign."

Disney would NEVER keep something secret if it made them as much money as DVC does.

Tinkermom
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
on my last few trips to WDW i noticed on all the buses,and throught the enitire WDW resort about the best kept secret! What is it!!!:mickey::mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot!

To answer your question...

It is Disney Vacation Club (DVC). It is Disney's version of a timeshare. You buy points that you can use to stay in one of the DVC resorts or you can use those points to stay anywhere in WDW or Disneyland. Points can also be exchanged to stay in various resorts around the world. Staying outside of the DVC resorts is not the best use of points as the nightly cost is higher. The DVC resorts offer a studio (like a basic hotel room with a microwave and small fridge), a 1 bedroom which has a living area and full kitchen, and a 2 bedroom which also has a living area and full kitchen. DVC owners also get several "perks", like pool hopping privileges at all WDW resorts and discounts on Annual Passes as well as some other discounts at various shops/restaurants around WDW.

We have been DVC owners since 2001 and only wish we had bought in sooner!:thumbsup:

disneycouple2004
09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ian
Best kept secret my foot ... you can't swing a dead cat in Walt Disney World without it bumping into a DVC sales pitch!!!:thumbsup:

I Agree...best kept secret my foot...stupid..
and btw..I have seen a cat swinging...and they do hit a DCV sales rep every time :D

pogo
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Poor Kitty ! :(

Ian
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Disney would NEVER keep something secret if it made them as much money as DVC does.That's so funny, because that is exactly (word for word) what I say everytime I see one of those signs!**

**No cats were harmed during the making of this post

sly1
09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I have often thought about what a stupid slogan for an ad campaign that is. Even years ago when DVC wasn't so big it seemed stupid. With signs, kiosks and literature in all the rooms what is so secret about it? Maybe a light will come on above the head of whoever is over advertising for DVC and they will try something different. Maybe "Come see what all of the talk is about" or "Check out DVC while you are here. We know you have heard of it". LOL