PDA

View Full Version : Have you ridden Nemo?

mjaclyn
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
It's pretty rare that DH and I get to DLR and we probably won't be back in California until the end of next year. For those of you who have ridden the new Nemo ride, what is it like? Is it worth the wait times? Also, I have a tendency to get a little claustraphobic - should I skip this ride?

NotaGeek
09-14-2007, 02:33 AM
I was lucky to ride Nemo twice in previews, and it's amazing. The inside of the subs is not cramped at all, and you definitely don't feel trapped or anything. You level of claustrophobia will probably tell you if you can handle it just by walking down the stairs, so you can decide to not do it.

But, I say go for it. WDI and Disney put millions of dollars and SO MUCH creativity into the ride, it's worth it, totally.

I used the search function, and there's some other threads talking about Nemo from the past ... here's a good one you might want to read about Nemo Preview with lots of feedback. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103870&highlight=nemo)

WDWizard
09-14-2007, 05:25 PM
The ride is great, you shouldnt miss it.

When are you going? A lot of people have been saying that the wait times are slightly shorter now that summer has ended. About 1 hour-45 minutes mid-week, 1 hour and a half - 2 hours on weekends.

BrerGnat
09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I rode it one night during the fireworks. I waited 1 hour. Here's what I have to say on the ride: I enjoyed it, BUT:

-It was/is much overhyped

-I would not do it at night again (or even during a cloudy day, for that matter)--so much of the beauty of the underwater seascapes is lost when the sun is not fully reflecting all the beautiful colors used on the coral reef. You can notice this when just passing by the lagoon from the outside on an overcast day...compared to a sunny day, it's like black and white vs. color television. If you can't see it in the sunlight, wait until you can. The floodlights at night are nowhere as bright as they need to be. The visibility is very low during the night ride.

-I was a bit disappointed in how much animation there was. I was expecting more animatronics, so I guess I just felt I'd seen it before at the Seas in Epcot...I actually feel that the technology is more convincing over there than it is here, as here there are no real fish swimming "amongst" Nemo and friends. It's much like watching a movie that is behind a plexiglass wall, with 3 feet of water between you and the plexiglass. It didn't "wow" me...

-I would actually go so far as to not call it an "E ticket ride". For me, personally, it is no higher than a D ticket ride. Which is ironic, really, considering that the sub ride was the FIRST ever E-ticket ride...it's the reason that the E ticket was invented, but I guess our idea of E ticket is a bit different nowadays.

With all that said, I'd definitely call it a "must see" attraction. It is better, by far, than MOST of the Fantasyland attractions (I still have a soft spot for DL's Peter Pan ride). It is a very fun ride, and it's nice and long, so you feel like you really get your time's worth after waiting in line.

I would wait no more than an hour for a first time ride. Personally, I'll from now on draw the line at about 30 min.

As for the claustrophobia, it should really be a non issue. EACH seat has its own personal porthole, and in order to see anything, you pretty much have to be nose on the glass the whole time, so you won't even be concerned with what's going on around you. Honestly, I can't even remember what the interior of the sub really looked like...I hardly looked anywhere but my porthole. Plus, I feel the subs are actually pretty large. I didn't feel at all claustrophobic. If you can handle the stretch room in the Haunted Mansion or the "television room" in the Tower of Terror, the subs are a piece of cake. It's not wall to wall people in the subs. Plus, they leave some lights on. and there is air being vented out in front of the porthole which is nice and cold and fresh, so you won't feel like you can't breathe.

I'd try to visit during the week, on a NON early entry day. If you are coming in the next couple months, you'll have a good chance of getting on in under an hour during the day.