PDA

View Full Version : Best Fuji Camera

Figgyluv03
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
My zoom button broke on my camera and it will be cheaper to buyer a newer one that get this one fixed. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good Fuji Camera that is below $300.00? The only reason I'm sticking with Fuji is that my card will only fit Fuji cameras and it's a decent size card, so I don't want to go out and spend even more money on extra cards.

Thanks!

Flaversham
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
This is what we got ourselves for Christmas in anticipation of our WDW trip (7 days and counting :mickey:) - Fuji F30 (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf30/) . It uses an xD-Picture card, if that matches what you've currently got. We lucked out and got a $50 rebate, but doesn't look that that's available any more. Looking around you could probably pick one up for <$250.

When researching a new camera, I really wanted something that'd handle low-light well - we've only had pretty cheap cameras before, and that's been a major failing. Couldn't be happier with it's low-light performance, especially since it supports up to ISO3200.

Hope that helps.

Aggie97
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
We purchased an F30 last year before our Christmas trip to WDW. We have been really pleased with it! I agree that it has great low-light performance -- we got some fantastic Spectromagic pictures. Other nighttime WDW pictures (and pics in dark places like the GA Aquarium) have been just as good.

This spring Fujifilm released a slightly updated version of the camera, the FinePix F31fd. The reviews of this camera were excellent, so you might consider it as well?

I really like the camera web site that Flaversham linked to -- I used it a lot before purchasing the F30.

Happy shopping!! :mickey:

PlutoToo
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
This past May i bought my husband a fugi F650.. He loves it. It's small, easy to use, has a 6x zoom, a big 2.5 8nch LCD screen, :thumbsup:and I got it on sale for <200. He's a point and shoot kind of photographer and he's very satisfied with it.

Flaversham
09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm certainly not a pro photographer, but here's a sample picture that I think turned out really good:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4642205

That was a few months after we bought the F30, but first time really using it. Was taken in automagic point-and-shoot mode. The "original size" is resized, the original is 2848x2136!