PDA

View Full Version : Segway Tour

MollyKat1527
09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Has anyone done the Segway tour at Epcot? When my boyfriend saw that he almost fell off his chair. Just wondering if it's worth spending the money for.

wdwfan
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Yes, it's a lot of fun and worth doing. I did the tour with my sister last year, and dh & I are doing one in Nov. Can't wait since he's not been on one. They have added a new one by WL thats off terain. Haven't seen any reviews on that.
Here's the number to call to book 407-939-8687. If your AAA member or AP holder you get discount. I'd call now because it books up quickly. They have several time slots. Ours is 9-11am. They have a one hr & 2 hr. The 2 hrs. is the best way to go if you can.

DizneyRox
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, absolutely worth the $$

Ian
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
We've done it twice and we LOVED it!

My only complaint was, the first part is a training session on how to ride the Segways. This was much needed the first time around, but the second time it was redundant and made me feel like I wasted my money a bit.

Personally, I wish they'd offer two courses ... one for first timers that includes the training portion and one for "graduates" where you just spend the entire time out in the park.

But point being ... it's awesome and totally worth the money!

mjaclyn
09-13-2007, 02:06 PM
DH and I did it and it was SO much fun!! I would definitely do it again.

January-2007
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
My parents took this tour and still rave about how great it was.

caryrae
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I would love to try it but I am over the 250 lb weight limit. It sounds like fun.

like2workout
09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
can someone please let me know what this is? i've never heard of it before and i'm going next month. it sounds like it would be something good to add to my trip. thanks!

caryrae
09-13-2007, 03:33 PM
can someone please let me know what this is? i've never heard of it before and i'm going next month. it sounds like it would be something good to add to my trip. thanks!

Be a part of the personal transportation revolution when you go for a spin on the Segway® Personal Transporter. This unique experience includes riding lessons and an outdoor adventure around the World Showcase.

Duration: 2 hours
Cost: $85 per person (includes tax)*

Additional Information
Tours run 4 times daily, 7:45 am, 8:30 am, 9:00 am, and 9:30 am.

Guests must be at least 16 years old and weigh 250 lbs or less. The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for participants under 18 years of age. Riders should be in good health and able to stand for the duration of the tour.

AdventurerKim
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
The Segway Tour is fantastic and so much fun! It is definitely worth the money! We did it last year and are doing it again in Nov. We also did the short course two years ago. :mickey:

2GOO-FEE
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Where are the tours taken?

Tick-Tock
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
We've done it twice and it was great!

For the longer version, the tours start in Innoventions (in a training room), then you go through Future World toward World Showcase and then all the way around WS. It's fun to have an early session before WS opens.

We didn't do the shorter version, but I think that's just training.

MollyKat1527
09-17-2007, 04:02 PM
What's this about different tours? I only read about one. What are the differences? This might be important information.

wdwfan
09-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Simply Segway Experience:
A one-hour beginner class on using the Segway Personal Transporter. The class includes some training and mostly indoor riding -- there may be some limited riding time. The Simply Segway experience is offered daily at 11:30am and can accommodate up to 15 participants. The experience is $35 per person -- discounts are available for Disney Vacation Club members, as well as Disney Visa cardholders and Annual Passholders. You must be at least 16 years old and weigh 100 lbs. to participate. Maximum weight for participants is 250 pounds, and expectant mothers and persons with special needs may not participate due to safety concerns. Arrive at Epcot Guest Relations at least 15 minutes before tour start time (theme park admission is NOT included in tour price). For more information and reservations call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) or inquire at Epcot Guest Relations
Around the World at Epcot:
The tour, which lasts two hours, has been so popular that it now runs FOUR TIMES daily -- at 7:45, 8:30, 9 and 9:30 a.m. Check in 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time at the Guest Relations lobby inside the turnstiles.The first hour of the tour teaches safety rules and allows you to practice riding the Segway, while the second hour is a tour around World Showcase before it officially opens to visitors.

Cost for the tour is $85 (park admission is NOT included).

Like previously posted you also get discount if AAA member.

gtpooh
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
We absolutely loved the Segway tour -- it was great trying out the Segways, and being the only ones at Epcot was pretty amazing as well! I would highly recommend it!

caryrae
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
What's this about different tours? I only read about one. What are the differences? This might be important information.

Segway Tour: This has become an extremely popular tour at Epcot. After receiving instructions in the use of this futuristic vehicle, you’re off on a fun filled exploration of Epcot. Your first destination is the World Showcase. You’ll visit all of the countries before this section of Epcot opens to the public. It’s an amazing opportunity that’s certain to create a once in a lifetime memory. PLEASE NOTE: The maximum weight is 250 lbs. Helmets are provided and are mandatory. Expectant mothers may not participate. Guests with special needs should discuss the requirements with the Disney Tour department to see if they’re able to take part in this tour.

Simply Segway Experience at Epcot: This is a one hour classroom experience designed for beginners. You'll be equipped with helmets and have some indoor riding time. (You will not ride outdoors.) See restrictions as noted for the Segway Tour above.

Mnchknbrat1982
09-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm doing this on the 26th!

MollyKat1527
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM
What's the discount amount for the AAA members? Just wondering
Thanks

angedeaile
09-18-2007, 02:08 AM
I am curious that no one complained about the need to wear helmets.

We decided to not do this tour after learning about the helmet bit.

We have the fear of not looking cool when we would fall off and possibly bash our heads in.
I know. I know. We are rebels. :cool:

Although, after reading these great reviews, I am questioning our judgement on this one....Hmm......