PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane ruining plans

DisneyOtaku
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I live in Louisiana, attending school in the north and living in the south. This weekend is my best friend's (who is at home) last weekend before he moves to South Korea, so my mom is/was going to pick me up tomorrow.

But now the hurricane's projected path is heading towards my college town, and I can't ask my mom to drive through THAT to pick me up; but at the same time, I have to see him one last time.

Stupid hurricane :mad:

Strmchsr
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
The storm should be well past you by this weekend. According to the current projections it should be in Alabama by tomorrow morning.

Here we go again...
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
We sure are getting lots of rain now... Hopefully it will pass soon.
Our chance of rain today: 100% :D

SgtTigger
09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Angel you should be in the clear by now huh????

The weather shoule be much better tommorow if you dont live in the New Orleans area.... but looking at the radar it looks like we are just about to be in the clear soon....

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Angel you should be in the clear by now huh????

The weather shoule be much better tommorow if you dont live in the New Orleans area.... but looking at the radar it looks like we are just about to be in the clear soon....

:cop: :tigger:

All clear! The sun is trying to peek through the clouds.

MsMin
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm loving this cooler air that follows :minnie:
but my lawn is a little squishy....

robyn221
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
My kids were at the breakfast table yesterday morning when they heard the words "school closure" during the news on the radio. They were all excited until I pointed out to them that they live in Lafayette Parish, which was not mentioned and still was having school. The rest of the morning, they would stop what they were doing and listen very closely anytime the announcer started speaking, just in case there was more "good news." It's the first time I can ever recall either of my children wanting to listen to the news.

Robyn:mickey:

DisneyOtaku
09-14-2007, 02:53 PM
My kids were at the breakfast table yesterday morning when they heard the words "school closure" during the news on the radio. They were all excited until I pointed out to them that they live in Lafayette Parish, which was not mentioned and still was having school. The rest of the morning, they would stop what they were doing and listen very closely anytime the announcer started speaking, just in case there was more "good news." It's the first time I can ever recall either of my children wanting to listen to the news.

Hey! You live in Lafayette! That would be where I'm from as well (I go to school at NSU during the year).

Lucky for me, weather is all good now ^^ I'll be in Lafayette sometime this evening.

robyn221
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I went to an academic summer camp at NSU when I was in high school. Great campus! Neat town -- especially at Christmas!

You're coming home on a good weekend. The weather's going to be perfect for Downtown Alive! and the Movies in the Parc this weekend.

Have a safe trip home!
(That's such a "mom" thing to say . . .!)

Dsnygirl
09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Lucky for me, weather is all good now ^^ I'll be in Lafayette sometime this evening.
Glad to hear the weather co-operated -- hope you had fun!! :thumbsup: