PDA

View Full Version : Character Audition

MartyS
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
My DD22, who just became a CM on the Disney College Program a few weeks ago, will be auditioning for a character next week. Currently, she is working popcorn, ice cream and/ or soft drink stands, but it's not very challenging. She does LOVE the Magic Moments that she gets to do, though. She said that a couple of days ago, a little girl and her mother came up to her to buy some popcorn. She asked the little girl to name her two favorite characters. After she answered, myDD told her that they were some of hers,too and since she did such a great job, she was giving her a large popcorn FOR FREE!! Well, she didn't expect the reaction from her Mom. She started to cry. She said her dd was very shy and that was the first time she had seen her kinda come "out of her shell". Needless to say, my DD had to hold back some tears, she was on stage, after all. She would be a GREAT character, so any Pixie Dust for her would be appreciated.

ibrowse17
09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
So cool:thumbsup: Best of luck and Pixie Dust:mickey:

gauvin4
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
:pixie::pixie: Good luck to your daughter. Being a character would be lots of fun.:mickey:

Dyanna
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
What character is she looking to get?

MartyS
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
She said she is the right size for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc., she's fairly petite. She told me that they would ask her to do some mime type moves at the audition, and then they would show her some dance moves to see if she could make the kind of animated movements required. If she makes the cut, then she moves on to another audition, then they would start talking about which character she could be. I'll post more info about the process when she tells me. I'm sure an enhanced background check would also be in order, too. She already had a background check done to enter the College Program, and they took her fingerprints when checking in to the program at the apartment complex. They are being pretty careful (and I'm glad they are).

illini
09-13-2007, 01:02 PM
that is SO exciting! i'm definitely sending loads of pixie dust her way. she sounds like she can definitely spread it herself, so being a character would be a perfect position for her!

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
That is soooo exciting. My DD is 13 and plans for the day she can do the college program. If your DD ever wants to correspond with a very eager to know about it all 13 yr old, send me a PM! My DD is petite too, hopes and wonders if she would be chosen for a character. We'd love to hear it all! Wonderful wishes to your daughter!!!!!

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
BEST OF LUCK!!! :thumbsup::pixie:

jpH/keD
09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I am way too old to do the college program but I have decided when we retire I want to move to Florida and become the Fairy Godmother!

Congrats and good luck to your DD! I would love to hear her story! Keep us posted! :pixie: