PDA

View Full Version : Akl Cs

septembergirl
09-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Would it be convenient to zip over to AKL from AK via bus for lunch at Mara? Also, we would specifically be going to try the zebra domes :blush: so I wanted to make sure they are always available at Mara. (BTW, is there anything else worth eating at Mara?:blush:)

princessM0m
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We did this for dinner during our trip last December and it worked our very well. We went from AK to AKL to MK. If you aren't staying at the resort it's a great chance to see it. They have the usual--burgers, sandwiches, etc. but I tried the African stew and it was very good. If you are really intent on the Zebra Domes then I would call ahead to make sure they have them. They sell them as a regular item (they are in the refridgerated area) but you never know... The buffet, Boma, is also very good and worth the trip.

ThanxForNoticin
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Not only is it an easy trip from AK to Mara, it's a great idea. We've eaten there many times and have not seen them out of the zebra domes, but I guess you can't be 100% certain. I would also hightly recommend the butternut squash soup - it is sooooo good. They also have good sandwiches and daily specials. We feel it is probably the best CS at Disney.

septembergirl
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Not only is it an easy trip from AK to Mara, it's a great idea. We've eaten there many times and have not seen them out of the zebra domes, but I guess you can't be 100% certain. I would also hightly recommend the butternut squash soup - it is sooooo good. They also have good sandwiches and daily specials. We feel it is probably the best CS at Disney.

Wow! That's quite a recommendation! Thanks.:mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm thinking about doing this also. How long does it take by bus to get to the AKL from AK? As none of the other cs really interest me in AK since no Tusker House.

LandFan
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
They do have good African Stew! It comes in a breadbowl (or at least it did when I had it). It's only a 5 minute ride from AK to AKL:thumbsup:

Madame Leona
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
We've eaten at Mara several times and Dh loves the food. I just go for the zebra domes (which dh doesn't care for). Have a good time.