PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare overlay...on Pirates??

Clotho
09-12-2007, 11:36 PM
So just got back, and we saw a lot of evidence of what APPEARS to be a planned Nightmare before Christmas overlay on Pirates of the Caribbean? I just did a search and didn't see anyone talking about it. Anyone know anything about this?

Melanie
09-13-2007, 12:49 AM
On Pirates? What is the evidence you saw?

Pop Centurion
09-13-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm curious as to what evidence you saw also as I too just returned and didn't see anything of the sort.

MNNHFLTX
09-13-2007, 08:00 AM
The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland gets the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay each year, but as far as I know this overlay is not planned for any attraction at Disney World.

Ian
09-13-2007, 01:31 PM
No ... there's no planned NBC overlay for Pirates.

My guess is you saw some NBC props sitting around in preparation for MNSSHP which starts up shortly.

Imagineer1981
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
we need to start a petition to get NBC at HM

WDWfanatic742
09-13-2007, 03:13 PM
The new props are mostly around Main Street USA and that is because they are actually going to be decorating the street for the holiday, unlike what they have done over the years.

You won't see the NBC overlay at Haunted Mansion this year at least. Ride just opened up today and it's been closed for a couple months and it takes a month just to decorate the version at Disneyland. Then the fact that they only do it at Disneyland because mostly local's go there and they wanted to change it once in awhile to attract them to come over. WDW is 99% of the time from people all over the world and it might be the only time that they ever come there. I'd love to see it come over here, but I doubt it ever will.

Clotho
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
First, we saw multiple pins for sale with a crossover of NBC and Pirates. Things like a pirate hat with Jack Skellington on it. I am guessing some pin sites may already have pics which will reveal this to be true.

Darnit, I wish I could remember the other merchandise we saw, now. Of course I should have taken pictures myself!

MartyS
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
My DD, a College Program CM, told me a couple of days ago that they added some new stuff to PotC, and mentioned the NBC overlay, but I thought she was just confused... maybe there is something new afoot?

Goofy Pluto
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok... MORE INFO ON THIS PLEASE!!!

While I doubt this is true, I'm a HUGE NMBC fan and would love to see something done with the characters for our visit this year. I'd rather it was HM instead of PotC (as I haven't seen the update for that yet), but I'll take what I can get. If anyone can confirm or add anything to this, that would be great!

Clotho
09-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I would have to assume it wouldn't be this year, or there would be a scheduled downtime for it. But perhaps they are priming the pump for next year...?

Or maybe they just realized there is a lot of crossover love between Jack Sparrow and Jack Skellington and are cross-marketing to see how it "sells".

brownie
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I could understand doing some cross-merchandising, but I don't see them adding any Nightmare overlays to the Pirates of the Caribbean; it would make more sense to add it to the Haunted Mansion as they do at Disneyland.

battlefield2freak
09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
there is a new series of pins out. one category was pirates so that might be what you saw.