PDA

View Full Version : 1000 post question

mook3y
09-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow, can't believe I have hit 1000 posts.

I put some thought into what I wanted to ask on this milestone mark, so here goes.

Just curious.

I spend a fair amount of time on Intercot at work.

How many of you spend time on the clock on Intercot?

For me Mickey fever strikes hard and fast!!!! the closer it gets to my vacation, the more time I tend to spend on the boards and most of that time is from work. Probably 80% of my time is from work then.

Just curious of others.... uhm.... personal time at work. :D

Jeff G
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Oops, I should have noticed that the results were public:hide:. I hope my boss doesn't visit this web site:D.

disneycouple2004
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I went for the 25%..of course if i am not busy with work...it goes up to 75% for sure :thumbsup:

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 10:07 AM
i went with 50%...
i logon when i get to work..and i look back at the website all through out the day...and dont logout until i have to go home..
im still keeping up on my work and more..so its not really affecting my work!! lol...
i just cant stay away!! lol :mickey:

Hayden's Dad
09-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I am at work also, actually currently sitting in my office surrounded by paperwork so it looks like I am working. I don't let my work suffer, but it is VERY addiciting.:blush::):mickey:

Not to mention I have a Black Belt Mickey bobble head statue a Mickey antenna ball and a picture of my son dressed as Mickey on my credenza and thats only because they wouldn't let me bring anything else:blush::rocks:

Not to mention I usually listen to my theme park music as long as no one else is in my office.:D

IloveJack
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm a teacher, and have a planning period in the middle of my day. I'm also the kind of teacher that arrives very early, and gets all my prep work done before the school day starts. So I spend about 3/4ths of my planning period on Intercot. :secret: I don't feel like I'm wasting the school's time, as I'm the first teacher here in the mornings, and quite often, one of the last to leave. :write:
On the other hand, I rarely stop once I leave school, so I often don't have down time at home to get on the site. When I do, dh is often on the internet looking up geocaching sites. :shake:

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I wish I had time at work - but I never get a moment to myself! Plus, our websites can be monitored at work - :(. I have to get my intercot "fix" at home.

Altair
09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Gotta love the American work ethic.:(

TikiGoddess
09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I am a teacher and I can't visit Intercot at work. Our computer policy forbids it --- one year when I did visit Intercot at work a dozen or so times I received a copy of the Internet Usage policy in my mailbox. Think they were trying to tell me something!

Aside from the policy, I also don't have any time to get on Intercot. My lunches are 25 min long and I need to eat AND set up for my afternoon classes. Planning time is used up by working on my plans, curriculum, special needs kids, and student teachers. In the morning I don't usually get into work until I have to be there, and I leave right at the end of the day so I can go get my girls. My Intercot surfing waits until the kids are in bed and I can relax and read to my heart's content.

TikiG

Dsnygirl
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm a nurse, so my I'cot time at work varies greatly, depending on the night. There are times where it's days & days before I'm ever on while I'm here (yes, I'm at work now... I work 12hr. nights....) and then there are the "nice" nights, when I'm able to jump on every once in awhile, and see what people are up to. Unfort., when it's the best here is around 3 or 4am... and not much is going on!!

pogo
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I AM the Boss.... so I can be on Intercot when I want to be. I said 75% but if I'm in my office, I'm on Intercot. :D

disneydeb
09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I am a teacher. I do not get near the computer unless it is to work on lesson plans, submit scores, or check e-mail .

2Epcot
09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Gotta love the American work ethic.:(

I put about 50% of my Intercot time is at work. In my job, I often have a lot of down time, sometimes as much as 3 hours with nothing to do, so Intercot is a great way to fill the time. :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm a teacher. I have two computers in my classroom. Do either of them work? No.

Why? The electric outlet is on one side of the room. The internet outlet is on the other. The computers are in a cabinet that some kid smashed the doors into so they don't open. That's why.

RenDuran
09-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Technically I'm not at work, so I didn't vote. But I do check Intercot daily, at least 5 or 6 times! I couldn't live without my "fix"!