PDA

View Full Version : Last thing....

azdisneymom
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Is there something special you do just before you leave that helps you take the magic home? For our family it is watching the Illuminations the last night of our stay. Love it!

SandmanGStefani24
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
for me it's seeing Epcot. I do get kinda sad when I think about leaving, but the WS helps remind me that I still have many more places to see. Then, as I leave the parks I turn around and take one last long look at SE so I can have that picture in my mind as long as possible.
:cloud9:

mickey&missy
09-12-2007, 09:12 PM
We do MK first and last (and in between). I stop and take a look back up Main St. I think I'm kind of trying to implant all the memories in my mind before we leave :crying:

EvilQueen2006
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
We always buy a few Mickey rice krispie treats to enjoy on the plane and at home to remind us of the most magical place on earth.

09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Breakfast at Crystal Palace, shopping and taking pictures on Main Street and then one last look at the castle as we leave.

Mnchknbrat1982
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
The last thing we are doing this trip is breakfast at Chef Mickey's and then some shopping at Downtown Disney.

bkfree
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Since we usually stay at an Epcot location resort our last things are this-
We have dinner and watch Illuminations at World Showcase the last night.
Then the morning we leave we have breakfast at the Boardwalk beside the lake, then go to the market and buy Mickey suckers, Mickey pretzles and Disney snacks for the plane ride home and the weeks to follow.
While waiting to board we each tell what our favorite thing we did was, our least favorite, what we want to do different next trip and the one thing we want to do again while it is all fresh in our minds and I record the answers in my trip journal.
Reading the answers is the first thing we do when planning the next trip.

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-12-2007, 10:47 PM
It's not at one of the parks, but whether we drive or fly the last thing we do is hit the big Disney Store at Downtown Disney and pick-up some last minute souvenirs.
It's amazing how those already stuffed to the point of bursting suitcases can be stretched that little bit more to squeeze in that last bag. Or two. Or Three. :blush:

mook3y
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
So far, we have always gone to MK on our last day before catching DME. We also bring Mickey rice crispy treats with us to remind us of our vacation at home.

But the best thing to bring the magic home is to book the next vacation ASAP!!!! :D

LoriMistress
09-12-2007, 11:26 PM
We go to MK on our last day. It helps us remember the magic. The very last ride we rode at MK was PP. At DLR, DH rushed me to ride PP, before realizing that it wouldn't be our last ride. Apparently, the line was non-existence. So we ended up riding SM for the last time. So...we'll be at MK during our last day during our upcoming December trip, so we'll most likely be riding PP as our final ride.

#1donaldfan
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
The morning we check out we make sure we eat a great breakfast at POR boatwrights.....that does it for us....that resort is like a home, away from home.....the night prior we do MK (of course) and stay till the last second.......

Grace
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
:mickey:

Is there something special you do just before you leave

Oh yes! Clutching the nearest lamp-post with a death grip, wailing, blubbering, moaning, filled with self pity, denying this is the last day of vacation- - - and thats just DH. You should see the kids!!!

Seriously, we try to have a fabulous early breakfast and visit MK the morning we leave. MK just seems to seep into your mind, and stays with you for a long time.

Samtastic
09-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I know it's not technically WDW, and it's not that I've meant to, but it seems that ever since I can remember it being there, the last thing I do is take a picture of me and snow white (sitting on the bench) in the disney store at the airport.

Goofy Dad 13
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Illuminations on our last night. Lunch at MK and a ride on the TTA before we head to the airport. Great to have one last look and ask what everyones favorite thing was...

and ride it again if we have time.

FenwayGirl
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Lunch at the Crystal Palace and Wishes.
Last trip we had Mickey waving good-bye to us from the train platform:magic:

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
To take home part of the magic, we steal hotel towels.

andreallybadeggs
09-13-2007, 06:16 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::

Haven't done that except for a couple of the towel animals but tough times are upon us so I won't be
too preachy. I certainly have enough soap and shampoo to get me through a hard winter.

As to the original question... Spectro Magic and Wishes :mickey:

GhostHost999
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Generally speaking, when I know the end is coming (especially because I am unable to go but every 7 years or so)...I will make my way over to Liberty Square and go through the Haunted Mansion one last time. Then I will try and think of anything else that I need to get out of my system. There is nothing worse than taking that last, long walk down Mainstreet, knowing you won't be back for years, and that you've left something undone.

positive0negative
09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
hehe! glad I'm not alone. :secret: