PDA

View Full Version : SHould we try to hit all Four Parks in 3 days?

MaryBelle
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll be in WDW tomorrow through Saturday (flying in tomorrow morning) Should we get the tickets where we can park-hop, or just get a 3 day pass and skip one park altogether? My sister has never seen Animal Kingdom, but at the same time it closes early so she is not sure if she wants to waste a day (of only a precious 3) on a park that closes at 5 and has no night show. It's just me and her going.

She's at the WOD store now deciding what to buy...

cal5755
09-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Personally if I had only 3 days I would do a day and a half at Epcot and a day and a half at MK. I love MGM and AK and if I would choose MGM for fantasmic if I were to choose a 3rd park... but I still think with only 3 days I would skip MGM too and just go with the to best parks!!

We are flying out on Friday!! WOOOHOO... have fun whatever you decide!

EmmMOM2
09-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Animal kingdom is nice and all but is mostly a zoo with a FEW attractions worth seeing, BUT since you only have 3 days...i think animal kingdom would be a good one to skip. Since it's two adults i would DEFINITLY make sure you go to Epcot and then you can decide between MK and MGM, depending on what kind of things you like. MGM is a little more geared towards adults i think...Just my opinion

krorx
09-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I think you'd be hard pressed to fit all the parks into such a short time unless you go like maniacs. I personally prefer Epcot and AK over MGM but that's just me. Most of my time would be spent at MK. It's my favorite. No matter what you do, have a wonderful time!:D

Polynesian Dweller
09-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I have a slightly different take on this. I would say that you can do all four if you decide to hit the highlights of each. Its pretty difficult to do all of the attractions in any one park in one day. Disney gives you more than you can reasonably do in a day. They keep you coming back that way.

But the highlight rides are a bit of a different story. At AK that means EE, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro, at MGM RNRC, TOT, (maybe a couple more), MK its the mountains and a couple more, and Epcot SSE (when its open), Mission:Space, Test Track, a walk around the world showcase. Others may have other suggestions, it is up to personal taste on what's a don't miss attraction.

The point is, don't try to do everything. Spend some time on this site, the Disney site, etc. and pick out the rides you are most interested in (your highlights) and do those. You will then get a flavor of each park which will make your next visit better. There will be a next visit.

medic9016
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I would do all four. We can do AK in a few hours in the morning and then head over to MGM for the rest of the day. Then a day for MK and EPCOT. We have gone for a long weekend and made it to all four parks. You need to decide what are the must do's at each park.

clou1028
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm doing it in two! I have four days there, but one day is for TL and the first day we are there we are just swimming, renting a Sea Raycer, and having dinner.

I plan to do AK/Epcot one day and MGM.MK another day.

SandmanGStefani24
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
why not, I'm going to! MGM and AK are half day parks, and you can fit those two into one day if you just hit the highlights. If you insisted on skipping a park for a more leisurely pace, I'd skip MGM. AK is a great park with more to offer than MGM. Most of MGMs attractions are a little dated and I would pass if there was a time constraint. Either way, as long as Epcot and MK get a full day you're gonna be in good shape.

Have a blast!

Mnchknbrat1982
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
personally I love AK and you can do it in a half day or 3/4 day at max. So what I would do is start out there and then hop over to another park. So I would buy a 3 day with park hopper if it were me.

Christine
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
If I had three days I would:

-Do a full day/night in Magic Kingdom

-Do a full day/night in Epcot

-Do morning in Animal Kingdom, then afternoon through night at MGM.

This way, you get all the nighttime spectaculars (AK has none) and you have the most time spent in the "fullest" parks!

kdkhopper
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
As someone who went to all four parks in one day and flew out late that afternoon just to say I did it, I would say go for the park hopper! :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
09-12-2007, 08:36 PM
A couple of times we did 3 parks in one day...due to time restraints and crazy brother and nephew...but as much as I love AK...I would do morning at AK evening at MK; morning at MK, evening at MGM and EPCOT for an entire day...best of all worlds...you can see all the fireworks...and only eat at counter service, there's no time for a long dinner/lunch...

ENJOY...we have two weeks from today until we leave...we'll be on the plane right now...HURRAY....

:pirate:

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
We're actually gonna try that in a few weeks with AP's. Start with AK, then MK - 2nd day, MGM/Epcot 3rd day. If we don't make it all the way to Epcot we'll save that for next month. Not alot we'll do in AK, but I want to see the new show and of course have to do the Safari!!

Enjoy your quick trip..............:mickey:

Mickey here we come - under 15 days & counting down as quick as possible!! :mjump::minnie: :car:

mttafire
09-12-2007, 09:35 PM

This way, you get all the nighttime spectaculars (AK has none) and you have the most time spent in the "fullest" parks!
YEP!!:thumbsup:

kakn7294
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM

:ditto:

princessM0m
09-13-2007, 10:20 AM

This is where Extra Magic Hours come in handy. We sometimes follow this pattern and intend to do so again in Nov. The day we are doing AK/MGM, AK has EMH in the morning and MGM has EMH at night, so our time to enjoy each park is extended.

Rayadragon
09-13-2007, 11:00 AM
For many years that was our basic touring plan as well. We'd normally do MK for a whole day, Epcot for 3/4 a day then hop over to MK to catch what we missed, AK in the morning and MGM at night.

Although lots of people love Epcot, I'm not used to spending a ton of time there because my dad and brother don't care for it. They don't explore the WS at all except to eat lunch and go on the Norway rid. That's why we can get away with Epcot being a 3/4 day or even a half day.

Samtastic
09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
That is a tricky question. I've been on trips where we only did 2 parks (the parents chose MGM and Epcot) and some where we tried to squeeze multiple parks in.

I guess if you're staying on prop, take advantage of EMH, like others have suggested. And do the one day MK, one day Epcot, then AK, MGM. Although I disagree they are "1/2" day parks. I truly enjoyed AK and if you take advantage of what it has to offer--more than a zoo :-P -- it can be a timely experience. AK is much more of an "exploring" park, yes you can pass by the off-beaten paths and jump straight on EE, Dino, Safari, etc... But if you take your time, see the wonderful shows, look at the animals, and ride the rides, it's wonderful.

I'm going for 9 days in janury, and i'm hoping to do everything, but i dont even know if that is possible

ncscgirl2005
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM

:thumbsup: Good suggestion. I wish I had done my three-day trip like that. WE did a full day at MK, half day at Epcot and MGM and EMHs that night at MK, and a half day at AK and Typhoon Lagoon. Looking back I would have done AK and MGM on the same day but only if I could do MGM at night for Fantasmic! Whatever you do....DON'T GIVE UP MK!!!! MK IS WHAT DISNEY WORLD IS ALL ABOUT! SPEND NO LESS THAN A WHOLE DAY THERE. IT'S WORTH IT.

DONROCK
09-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, if this is your first time to Disney...no way can you handle 4 parks. But, if you've been a few times before, I would do the hopper and enjoy your favorites at each park. We are going in November for 4days, but only purchased a 2day tickets with hopper. We mostly will spend our time in MK and Epcot, but must stop in AK for MT Everest and maybe a quick stop in MGM for a ride on the Rockin Roller Coaster. I really enjoy AK, but 3-4 hrs is plenty of time there....hate to waste a whole's day ticket on that one. Hope this helps.

kelly.garrett
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I think it just depends on how many attractions you want to hit up. It's not impossible to hit highlights of all four in three days. On my last trip, we did all four parks in one day, and just did all our favorite things.

Scotcelebrity
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I have actually done all four parks in three days a couple of times. We always follow the same pattern and we get to do almost everything.

Day 1: Animal Kingdom in the morning and leave around 1:00pm head to MGM and stay till closing.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

Day 3: Epcot and if extra time use hopper and go back where ever we want and then return for Illuminations.

It has worked for us but I will tell you that it is way better to go for at least four days!

WDWFan2005
09-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Animal kingdom is nice and all but is mostly a zoo

Blasphemy!!! ;)

Remember AK is "Nahtazu!"

darthmacho
09-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Though your party is small and mobile, I can't imagine the need to cram four parks in 3 days. If you skip one, it won't be so bad, but if you must, do AK/MGM in one day, and do the others seperately. I agree with the poster that suggests doing a day and 1/2 at Epcot and MK.

I'm trying to figure out out to fit all four parks in 7 days, never mind 3, lol!

Donald A
09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I would just try to see what you want in each of the four parks. I don't think you'll have much trouble. For example, Animal Kingdom closes at 5PM and the other 3 parks are almost always open later. I would get the park hopper option, you will probably use it.

pook@wdw
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
:twocents: Hmmm... 4 parks in 3 days? That 's pushing it but, yes...it can be done! With some proper planning I don't see why not. If it's just you 2, I'm sure there are some things that can just be passed over. Pick out the "must-dos" in each park and narrow them down to a reasonable amount. If thrill ride are your thing, then AK and DS will both be a 1/2 day adventure. If shows are a must then allow a little more time. Be sure to utilize the fastpass system wisely, and arrive @ each park at least 30-45 min early to get fastpasses and on attractions before the real lines start. We are a 2-park-a-day family, so we're proof it can be done.
Just remember, with proper planning and a little :pixie: you too will have a "magical journey"!!!:thumbsup: