PDA

View Full Version : OUR dining reviews

Nicki'sMom
09-12-2007, 05:38 PM
OK, we just got back last night after our wonderful trip and I thought I would give you all my opinions on our dining.

CHef Mickeys: Wonderful! We love this place and will definately go back. Food was fresh and tasty and characters were great. Great service,very friendly.

Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch): I was very pleasantly surprised by this experience. Food was wonderful. I had salmon and DH had Major Duomo's. DD3 had salmon too. Desert was chocolate cake-very good. Saw all the princesses and Godmother.

Crystal Palace (dinner): Food was good but character interaction not the best. This is the second time here and we are not going back. Not terrible but would rather go to Chef Mickeys.

Liberty Tree Tavern: Good food and great service. Good character interaction. We loved the setting and we would do this again.

1900 park Fare(dinner): We waited 1 hour past our 5:55 ADR and we showed up 15 minutes early. But once we got in there we had a great server and the FOOD! AWESOME dinner. I had a beautiful piece of salmon and so did my daughter. My husband had the chicken breast. Desert was good too. GFC did a nice job.

Ohana's: Lot of fun and a ton of food. We had total meat overload but again had a great server and my daughter had a blast marching around the room with the other kids. I had the best pina colada too. They seated us exactly at our 6:30 ADR time. We were so happy. Would do this again.

Wispering Canyon Cafe(breakfast): tasty and convenient (we stayed at the lodge). Again great service and good food.

Akershaus (dinner): We only waited 15 minutes and were in. Saw Mulan too. Server was so great and food was different but good. We loved the Karlsberg beer and really good coffee too. I had the traditional Kotjake(not spelled right) which is like a meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Husband had the venison stew which was really tasty. DD3 had salmon again. She loved it. Desert was good.

We ate counter service at Columbia Harbor house and liked the tuna sanwhich and chicken tenders. We also ate lunch at CS in Mexico. It was very good and good kids meal too. We also ate at CS Japan. It was tasty. Good ginger cake for desert.

As you can see we ate well and I hope this review helps someone with their choices. :mickey:

KarenP
09-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Great reviews! Sounds like all of your dining experiences were positive. Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! I know you were worried about the 1900 Park Fare meal, so I'm glad it was a wonderful experience for you and your family. We are going to some of the same places next week, like Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and 'Ohana. I'm glad you had a wonderful time! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, all those great family friendly choices and they all sound fun. We walked by the 1900 Park Fare at the GF Cafe location a few times and it did look really good with lots of character fun. Thanks for the report!

tinksmom02
09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for sharing! If you remember, you and i were pretty worried about the pre-plate at GFCafe...can you provide a little more detail on it for me?

Thanks!

dolphinmickey9170
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reviews, I am trying 1900 for the first time, so this just makes it easier - hearing someone else liked it.

prttynpnk
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
It's great to hear so much positive right before our next trip!
Thank you!

disneydrmr
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a yummy trip was had by all! Thanks for sharing your report!

MickeyandTink
09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the reviews, I am trying 1900 for the first time, so this just makes it easier - hearing someone else liked it.

:ditto:

We are going to many of the same places you did and I'm glad to see those all had positive reviews. We are taking DD6 :princess: to 1900 our first night there. Only 9 more days! :joy:

illini
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for sharing. I'm so surprised about CP. That's always been one of our best experiences in terms of characters. I'm sorry it didn't go well.

We're going to 1900 Park Fare for the first time for DD's 5th. Bit worried about your long wait-- our ADR isn't until 8:15. If we have to wait that long, our kids will be flipping out. :thedolls: Glad that it was otherwise a great experience.

Are you posting trip reports?!?

Nicki'sMom
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I am so glad my summary helped you guys. To Tinksmom02- I do remember we had that worry in common about 1900 Park and it was a bit of a long wait. I am not sure what caused this other than the shear popularity of the dinner. Little girls in their princess dresses everywhere! Loved it. Our 3 yo really had a great experience here and she ate well too. I am going to try to remember the menu. I know there was about 6 choices. Prime rib was one and the salmon I had on polenta (fantastic) I eat a lot of salmon so I can tell when it is done well and this melted in my mouth-yummy. I had a glass of Fess Parker chardonay and was in heaven. Hubby had the chicken breast which he loved and there was a creamy pasta choice with proscuitto. There was another seafood choice and I want to say it was shrimp pasta. I cant remember the others but the appetizer we had was shrimp on grits. You had the choice of a soup, salad, the shrimp and something else. Desert was a sampler of berry tart,keylime, and something chocolate. They also had bread pudding and wonderful decaf coffee that my server brewed fresh for me with a pre-warmed mug and plenty of cream. Yum. I would have had the server bring out two of the sampler trays and skip the bread pudding although it was good we had it the next night at Ohana. My daighter had the choice of salmon,chicken, pasta macaroni with meat and pizza and maybe another choice or two. I liked my meal so much that I am going to schedule dinner at GFC next time!

tinksmom02
09-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for that, Nicki's Mom, I really appreciate it!