PDA

View Full Version : How Does Disney Visa Work?

AlvyOT08
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone, I was just reading on another thread about what everyone was going to do with their visa points. I have a disney visa card and have been racking up my points. When I'm ready to go, i just call like 4 weeks ahead of time and then I get a card with my points correct? AFter that, can I just use my points anywhere on disney property?? Or are there only certain places were the disney points can be used? Thanks!

decowoman
09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Disney Visa will issue you another card with the point balance converted to dollars. You use it just like a debit card. You can use it where ever you would like. It does have an expiration date (I think it may be 2 years from issue date) and it can not be replaced if lost.
Enjoy your spending!

faline
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Rewards cards expire in December the year after you order the card. So, if you order a card now, it will expire in December of 2008. At that point in time, you would lose any points sitting on the card so be sure you use all your points before the expiration date of your card!

vamaggie
09-12-2007, 08:58 PM
When you call to get the Rewards card, you need to transfer over at least $20. You can call and transfer points over at any time, even when at WDW. You do not need to transfer all your points over at once. WE only transfer over what we think we will use. If we use them up, we call and add more. The Rewards card can be used in most places at WDW. You can also put it on your room to charge against. If you want, I believe you can also use rewards at Disney store or through mail order to Disney.,

IloveDisney71
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I think there are a few restrictions about where you use your rewards card at Disney. When you order your card, make sure you order the pamplet that is also offered. It will give you all of the details you need to know.

dmallan
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I like the idea of putting the balance on your room to charge against. It's much safer, since carrying it around is like carrying cash.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I got one last year. I'm saving up my points until they have to be used...I think it's 2011. I want to have enough for a free trip.

Have fun spending it!