PDA

View Full Version : Rides ok for the plus-sized?

MaryBelle
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Do you think someone who weighs around 310 at 5'7 would have a problem on any specific rides? (not kiddie rides) This person has been in a situation before where he was asked to get off a ride in a local theme park and wants to avoid that humiliation again...but would love to go on anything and everything at WDW. He's concerned with rides where the bar lowers over a group of people, etc.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ChipnDaleGal
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
If you click on the Info Central Tab, and then go down to the Misc. section, you can get a link to a whole discussion regarding this topic. Hopefully that will help your friend.

MaryBelle
09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks ChipNDaleGal, that is very helpful!

AuntDJ
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
That about fits one of our party and we did not have any issues in March. We even rode Goofy's barnstormer and did not have any issues!

DJ

Jasper
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I was once five foot eight inches and 350 pounds and never had any problems on any of the rides. Granted, some were very tight but I still made it. (Not that it makes any difference for your question, but I am happy to report that I am now down to 237lbs and still dropping. Just had to toot my own horn a bit because we all know how hard it is to drop weight!)

As was mentioned in the previous post the thread on info central has some good information on the topic.

kakn7294
09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I was once five foot eight inches and 350 pounds and never had any problems on any of the rides. Granted, some were very tight but I still made it. (Not that it makes any difference for your question, but I am happy to report that I am now down to 237lbs and still dropping. Just had to toot my own horn a bit because we all know how hard it is to drop weight!)

As was mentioned in the previous post the thread on info central has some good information on the topic.
Congrats to you Jasper! Keep up the great work!

MartyS
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Joshua Olive Wrote some articles about this. Google: Walt Disney World:The Big Picture to read his article.

princessM0m
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
My understanding is that some attractions have seating one can test out prior to boarding. Ask a cast member, because many of them are hidden so as to allow folks to try them without a crowd of onlookers nearby.