PDA

View Full Version : Dressing For Dinner

mermaidmarian
09-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Some comments made in another thread prompted me to wonder: When you are dining at one of WDW's signature restaurants, does Disney Dining enforce (or even suggest) a dress code, do you dress for dinner and how do you feel about going out for "fine dining" and the people seated at the table next to you dressed like they are eating at Applebees?

mousetrapper
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I love to dress up a little when I go out to eat, but sometimes it's difficult if we're rushing from one of the parks to make our ADR time. We just hate to sacrifice one minute in the parks to head back to the resort to freshen up and change!:blush:

I think the only restaurant we've been at that has a dress code is Cali Grill, and that was during a trip when it was just me and my DH. We did go back to change that time, obviously!

I feel Disney should enforce the dress code, otherwise, why have one? I haven't witnessed anyone being told they had to leave because they didn't meet the code, but again, we haven't been to many fancy restaurants at WDW.

Joy2theworld
09-12-2007, 07:10 PM
California Grill does enforce the dress code. We had dinner there the night of our wedding and were quite dressed up, but I had my wedding headband/ears on and was asked by a bus boy to take them off... well, told, not asked. The lady who took us up didn't say anything about it, but it makes me mad until this day because I've been there since and have seen many wedding couples enjoying a nice meal with their ears.

January-2007
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
On the official WDW website they have added T-Shirts to the list of appropriate attire for Narcoossee's which is a 2TS, so I'd imagine they don't really enforce much of anything. I don't know from personal experience, however. I'm still trying to find a nice top to wear because I think I'd be terribly :blush: walking in there with a T-Shirt on.

About the bride who was told to take off the Minnie headband on her wedding night, oh my gosh, that is so wrong!! I can see why you'd still feel bad about this, seeing others wearing theirs. Poor girl!