PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS FANS, here's a trivia question for you

CosmicRay
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Our friends call us today from WDW frantically wanting to know if my Die Hard Star Wars husband would know the answer to a trivia question. They were by Star Tours and a CM asked them if they could answer the question they would get a prize. They had 2 hours to come up with an answer. The question (as they told us the question) was: In Impire Strikes back, there were 7 bounty hunters on the bridge of Vader's ship. Who are they? Our 2 DH's knew of the 6 but not the 7th. Our friends think it may have been a trick question and by 4:00 none of us had a clue. So our friends were going to go back and just guess Vader. But does anyone know what they mean or if there IS a 7th Bounty hunter?:yoda::trooper:

xipetotec
09-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Well wookiepedia has 6 listed: Boba Fett, Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM and Zuckuss so I dunno?

CosmicRay
09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah, they both had all of those. The CM said the bounty hunter was off to the side. I found a picture of all the bounty hunters on the bridge and there were only 6. I asked DH if there was someone's leg to the far left of the picture. DH said, no it was the guy's gun. According to this CM, he said that IS a leg and the 7th bounty hunter was Aurra Sing. DH doesn't believe that that is true. What do you guys think? I know nothing of Star Wars except that you push play on the DVD player to watch it. But I thought others would like to read about all this. Plus DH would like to chime in here soon!

kakn7294
09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I remember the scene but not being a huge Star Wars fan, I couldn't remember how many bounty hunters were there. I researched it on the internet and can only find the 6 bounty hunters previously mentioned in the above posts. The picture I found has only 6 bounty hunters and the figure set sold of the movie moment also has only those 6 figures along with Darth Vader. I can find no reference to Aurra Sing in The Empire Strikes Back. She does exist in the several of the other movies though. IMHO, the CM was incorrect.

Dracula766
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Aurra Sing only had a few seconds of screen time in Episode 1. As far as the expanded Universe goes she may have been hanging out at Jabba's Palace during the galactic Civil War but that's about it. She never stepped foot on Vader's Star Destroyer.

That CM was misinformed.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
According to the Star Wars website character database,

Aurra Sing (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aurrasing/) was a late addition to Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Seen as a spectator to the Boonta Eve Podrace (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/boontapodrace/), Sing was designed by Doug Chiang (http://www.starwars.com/bio/dougchiang.html) in a sketch labeled "Babe Fett." Sing was played by model Michonne Bourriague.

There is no mention that she was in Empire Strikes Back...

And I found on Wikipedia this line ".....Bossk was one of 6 hunters hired by Lord Darth Vader to capture Solo."

The CM was wrong...

ibrowse17
09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
He's all yours, bounty hunter...

Vader rocks!

DizHawk
09-13-2007, 12:14 AM
OK, I'm Cosmic Ray's DH (still a weird sentence to write) and here's my $.02.

This was apparently part of the YOAMD contests and they gave him two hours to come back with the right answer. He named the six of the top of his head (as did I, which is actually kind of pathetic. I can name bounty hunters from Star Wars but have a hard time with the 12 disciples. Boy are my priorities messed up!)

I would think that they would be on the ball with something like that, especially as part of the YOAMD, but I guess not. We're going to WDW in December and I'm going to find the CM that asked the question and then I'm...pretty much going to do nothing, except maybe take a picture of the scene with me and say "HERE'S THE SIX!! YOU'RE WRONG!" I will then claim my place atop Nerd Hill and be shunned by all the cool people. :darth:

Seriously though, I'm sure I won't do anything. I just wonder what the prize might have been.

xipetotec
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
yeah, they both had all of those. The CM said the bounty hunter was off to the side. I found a picture of all the bounty hunters on the bridge and there were only 6. I asked DH if there was someone's leg to the far left of the picture. DH said, no it was the guy's gun. According to this CM, he said that IS a leg and the 7th bounty hunter was Aurra Sing. DH doesn't believe that that is true. What do you guys think? I know nothing of Star Wars except that you push play on the DVD player to watch it. But I thought others would like to read about all this. Plus DH would like to chime in here soon!

WHAT?! Ridiculous!!! Aurra Sing was introduced as part of the expanded universe and LATER figured in Episode 1 for like 1 second ( during the boonta eve pod race ). Even in re-edited special editions, she had no part in the search for the falcon!

Ian
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow ... you people are dorks ;)

I'm a huge SW fan and I only could come up with four of them!

pdrlkr
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Wow ... you people are dorks ;)

I'm a huge SW fan and I only could come up with four of them!

Hey! It's geeks not dorks! By the way, according to the Galactic Star Wars Geeks Association rules, (Article. XVII; Section. 3PO; Paragraph R2; Line D2), "If you can name at least four of the bounty hunters on the bridge of Vader's ship in The Empire Strikes Back, you are automatically a secret member of the GSWGA." ;)

wedway fan
09-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey! It's geeks not dorks!
absolutely. by the definitions i've always gone by, geeks are people with intelligence and social skills, nerds have intelligence but lack social skills, and dorks have neither.

By the way, according to the Galactic Star Wars Geeks Association rules, (Article. XVII; Section. 3PO; Paragraph R2; Line D2), "If you can name at least four of the bounty hunters on the bridge of Vader's ship in The Empire Strikes Back, you are automatically a secret member of the GSWGA." ;)

classic!

CosmicRay
09-14-2007, 02:25 PM
you are all too funny! A song has come to mind... Wierd Al's new CD has a parody called White and Nerdy, It's such a great song! DH says it's sad cause he fits the description of that song about over 60% of what the song says. (minus the bubble wrap if you've heard the song).

DizHawk
09-14-2007, 02:50 PM
60%, more like 90%. It's sad.

Ian
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
absolutely. by the definitions i've always gone by, geeks are people with intelligence and social skills, nerds have intelligence but lack social skills, and dorks have neither.Now that's funny!

I've always used all three of those terms interchangeably and will continue to do so. ;)