PDA

View Full Version : Kona coffee and Tonga Toast

ncrohrs
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Hello!

I am excited to try both of these as we are staying at the Poly. Which restaurants serve the Kona coffee? Is it just Kona Cafe? How about Tonga Toast? I think I read on another thread that you can get this at Captain Cook's as well.

Also, many seem to rave about Kona for Breakfast. What makes this breakfast so good?

Thanks!

princessM0m
09-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure about the coffee. The Tonga Toast is served at the Kona Cafe and Captain Cook's. I think a lot of folks are bananas (pun intended) over the Tonga Toast (as am I) and that's why they rave about the KC. We ate there last trip and the service and food were great. I would advise splitting the Tonga Toast with someone if you are not a big eater. It's huge!

Clotho
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
This may come as a shock to some, but I thought the Tonga Toast was bleh. It was just a chunk of bread coated in sugar with a little dab of banana in the middle. It was dry, overly sweet, and boring. I had to ask for syrup and the server acted surprised that I would want it. If I tried to eat it alone, it would have sucked the moisture from my mouth and been nothing but sugar and bread for 80% of the bites I took. I don't see what the fuss is about. :/

Kona Coffee is also served at a coffee bar next to Kona Cafe on the second floor of the GCH. The Poly the only place on property which serves Kona coffee, and one of the only places on property that serves anything but Nescafe.

ncrohrs
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
My DH and I are big coffee drinkers, so I am glad we can get the Kona coffee daily!:thumbsup:

Can you get the Kona coffee in the refillable mugs?