PDA

View Full Version : Walk to MK from Contemporary

sloslo
09-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know how long the walk from the contemporary resort to magic kingdom is? We're going in December and I heard it may be faster than taking the monorail.
Thanks.:mickey:

DizneyRox
09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I'd say about 10 minutes.

It's not a bad walk by any means, and it depends on how fast you walk. I would say for sure it's faster than the monorail. The monorail goes from the Contemporary, to TTC, to Poly, to GF and then finally MK. I'd guess you would get to MK before the monorail has a chance to stop at the Poly.

jwallace378
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Depends on how fast you walk. Five minutes if you walk quickly. I'd say the average is 10-15 minutes.

mttafire
09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Walk???? We ran! Even a slow walk and it can be done in less than 15 min. HOWEVER, When we stayed at the C.R. we enjoyed the Monorail ride. We only walked(ran) one day. The rest of the time we used the monorail. Its just too darn neat not to use it.:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Depends on how fast you walk. I'd say 5-10 minutes. I would suggest that if you walk do so early morning or late evening/night, midday take monorail. If you're at MK until closing you might want to walk then because the lines for the monorail will be quite long.

pooh0601
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
The BEST time to take advantage of the ability to walk from your resort to the MK is when the park closes. The monorail line is VERY long and crowded. But a peaceful walk back to your room(although you may be tired), is well worth it compared to fighting with the masses to board the monorail.

And in December the weather is usually very nice, we would walk sometimes to the MK in the morning, but would also want to enjoy the monorail as well sometimes.

RBrooksC
09-13-2007, 11:48 AM
The time I was there during a busy time of the year, we left after the fireworks and the crowds for the monorail and the boat were awful.

So... We walked to the CR and then took the resort monorail to the TTC and then our car. (we were staying off-site). It took us about 10-15 min to get to the monorail and then a short hop to the TTC on an empty train.

It was one of the most relaxing exits from the park I have ever had.

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
It took us about 10 mins with the 3 kids in tow. But...even tho its quicker than the monorail., I just love that monorail and would pick that anytime.

EmcDuckRN
09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
walk isn't bad at all and I'd say that it would max out at 15 minutes tops.

however....

With the monorail right there...

It is a short ride...

and there is the build up...

Kinda like your first ride of the Day... :mickey:

Plus you can ask to ride with the driver and get a co-pilot's license...

And you will be on your feet all day walking anyway...

I have still taken the monorail.

Otherwise, what's the point of spending the extra $$$ to stay at a monorail resort?