PDA

View Full Version : Nervous as heck!

crazeedizneefinatic
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, we are about 8 days out from our vacation at WDW! I am really really excited about that part. I have been ironed and packed for a week now. Just need to wait to scour the house before we leave, lol! We are staying from the 21st to the 30th at CBR. One thing that actually has my stomach in knots is the flying part. I have flown many many times but this year seems worse than ever and I am not sure why?? It's only a little over 2 hours but I am dreading it. I thought jotting it down would help me out and was hoping for some positive feedback. THANKS!

January-2007
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Awe, I'm sorry you're getting so nervous! Here's some extra :pixie: hoping you can feel at ease for your flight. Way to go for being all packed up! We're packing on Friday and leaving on Saturday... Not flying though, we're driving down from Maryland. I hope you have a marvelous vacation and a hassle free trip down!! :mickey:

luvMickey4life
09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
We too are from Maryland but flying out on the 23rd and staying at the Beach Club Resort. Last time we drove and we felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation when we got back. Can't wait. We have two new flyers and they are both nervous. I just hope they don't hold us up at security. We had a big meeting about what you can and cannot carry on/pack. It will be great to get down there in only 2 hours instead of 18. Good luck on the drive and eat at Cracker Barrell for me :)

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm a nervous flyer too. I'll be flying out to Disneyland in November and I'm already nervous about it. In this day and age though it's 'natural' to be nervous...

Here's some :pixie: for you! Hope you have a safe, fun and magical trip!

CanadianWDWFan
09-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I know that planes are designed with a large safety factor in them. Meaning that they are quite a bit stonger than they actually have to be. Statistically it is more dangerous to drive to the airport than it is to actually fly. If you cxan get a seat that is on the aisle and maybe get a good book or an mp3 player with some of your favourite music on it.

Now getting to the airplane once in the airport is another matter!:D

disneymom15
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I've flown so many times now that I don't get nervous any more. I bring my Ipod, take a little nap and before I know it, I'm there. Think happy thoughts and how much fun you'll have once you're there.

crazeedizneefinatic
09-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for all the "pixie dust" and well wishes, it means alot. I actually believe flying is safe but something about not being in control really creeps me out, lol.