PDA

View Full Version : Airplanes?

tink03
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if kids are allowed to bring their electric handheld gameboys on an airplane? I thought they could keep my 3 boys occupied while we travel? I know last year I was able to bring my cell phone but I didnt bring the gameboys then. Any one know?

Strmchsr
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Sure, they can bring those in their carry on (or, at least they could a few months ago - TSA keeps changing the rules). Just keep them stored until the announcement is made. Usually my DS will play his while we wait for the plane to load and taxi to take-off. Once the plane begins to taxi he puts it away and then gets it back out if he wants it once we're airborne and the pilot says its okay.

thrillme
09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeppers...100%. We always take out DS's. (I bought one for my son then between my boyfriend and I we started battling over it so we each have one now). We also carry a DVD player. I put all our electronics in a carry on.

You can't play them at TAKEOFF but as soon as you level off you can.

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I know back in December they were allowed... several kids had them on our flight home... one thing I would like to suggest (please know this is said in a FRIENDLY way and in no way do I want to start a debate or anything like that) if there is a way to mute the sound.. please do so.. all the 'blips, beeps and other noises".. do get annoying after awhile.. especially if it's a long flight or a late/early flight when people around you might be trying to nap...

mttafire
09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeppers...100%. We always take out DS's. (I bought one for my son then between my boyfriend and I we started battling over it so we each have one now). We also carry a DVD player. I put all our electronics in a carry on.

You can't play them at TAKEOFF but as soon as you level off you can.
100% correct.:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
The electronic equipment may be played until the cabin doors are shut. The equiment is required to remain off until the plane reaches an altitude of 10,000 feet. At that point, the FA will make an announcement about the use of such equipment. It can be used until the flight calls in range to the arriving airport. At that point, the must be turned off until the plane reaches the gate.

A flight from BWI to MCO would allow use of equipment for about a hour and forty-five minutes.

Tinkerfreak
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Thank goodness yes!!!! Our DD's never fly without them. They are great for the plane, for waiting to board the plane and for sitting at the airport during a layover. They bring their game boys and a few games in their carry on bags.

Figgyluv03
09-13-2007, 12:27 PM
We also carry a DVD player.

I never thought of this. Maybe my mom will let me borrow hers for the flight down there. I can bother DBf with Sleeping Beauty the whole trip.

Tink#64
09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
My DS's 10 & 11 would be lost without all their electronic gagets! They always bring MP3 players & Nintendo DS's! Boy do they help them pass the time! Mine each bring a backpack with those items, a small snack, gum & magazines. But it's definitely the gadgets that keep them from getting restless!:thumbsup:

caryrae
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah I always bring my Nintendo DS and a portable DVD player. Helps make the time go faster. Just watch a couple movies and were there. Sometimes we bring a laptop but it can be hard to use in those small seats.