PDA

View Full Version : Recent WL guests

Stitch's Mommy
09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Please forgive the dumb question, but I have found conflicting information on the WL boats... Can someone please explain the different routes (where they go, when they run, etc)? Thank you!

Eight weeks, one day 'til WL! :party:

TheRustyScupper
09-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Green Flag . . . MK-WL-FW-WL-MK (park hours +1 before +1 after)
Blue Flag . . . CR-WL-FW-WL-CR (6:45am-10:00pm)

Either hit the WL dock about every 15-20 minutes.
They operate is almost all weather, except high winds.

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
We were there in Feb. and the boat to MK didn't arrive to pick up its first load until 8:30. Also that is what the sign at the dock said. We normally like to be on our way to MK around 8am for a 9 am park opening. We ended up hopping the bus some mornings and were in MK before the boat picked up its first load. Other than that everything listed in the previous post is how things were done in Feb.

Maleficent's Dad
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
The larger ferry boat - the 'green flag' - changes routes at 3 PM.

Before 3 PM, the route is: FW, WL, MK, FW, WL, MK, and it repeats...

After 3 PM, the route reverses: MK, WL, FW, MK, WL, FW

kbwatzka
09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
This information is helpful. I hope you don't mind if I follow up with a related question . . . if you have an early morning ADR in the Magic Kingdom (i.e. you need to leave earlier than one hour before the park's official opening time) - are the buses running at that time? Or, do you need to take a taxi?

We have an 8:20 ADR at Crystal Palace for 1/2/08 - and the park opens at 9:00 that morning. I'm thinking that we'll need to leave by 7:30 or so.

starrmomof2
09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
We had the same situation last September with an ADR before park opening. We took the boat to the Contemporary then the monorail to MK. With it that early, few people were boarding the monorail, so we were able to ride up front with the 'pilot' and the kids 'earned' their 'pilot's license'. It was a great beginning to the morning.

Maleficent's Dad
09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
There are buses running that early for the character b'fasts. The direct boats to the MK don't start running until a bit later. They started their runs closer to 7:50 (2 weeks ago), so for our b'fast at the CP, we needed a bus.

Stitch's Mommy
09-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks very much for the responses. This is very helpful!