PDA

View Full Version : Current wait times at the parks?

cjb121879
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm wondering if anyone who has just returned or who is currently at WDW, can shed any light on what wait times are like currently. I know that everyone has said in the past that in September (specifically during free dining) that the restaurants are crowded, but the parks generally aren't. I am wondering with this being the third year it was offered, whether there is a significant increase in crowds in the parks and at the attractions? Can anyone who has been there in the last two weeks or so let me know what the wait times are like?

Just trying to prepare myself mentally for my trip- we leave on Saturday!

wire0monkey
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
We went to Epcot the Saturday evening before Labor Day. At 4:00 pm, there was no wait for Living with the Land. There was a five minute wait for Living Seas with Nemo. There was a 45 minute stand-by line for Soarin' -- return times for the Fastpass line were 1 hour later and the FP line was about 10 minutes. There was no wait for Imagination with Figment or Rio de Tiempo. There was a line for Maelstrom, but it was about 10 minutes.

We went to Typhoon Lagoon (crowded!) on Sunday. We went to Fantasmic that night and got great seats to the left of center and close to the front about 30 minutes before showtime.

We went to the MK on the Tuesday after Labor Day. We got to the park (Main Street) 10 minutes after opening. We rode the train over to Frontierland. We walked on to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. There was a 10 minute wait for Pirates and Jungle Cruise. We had a 5 minute wait for Buzz. We FP'd Space Mountain - the FP line was about 10 minutes. We FP'd the Pooh ride. The standby line was about 20 min around 3pm. We had a 10 minute wait for Small World around 3 pm. We walked onto the Magic Carpets in the morning.

We went back to the MK the next day. We walked onto the Barnstormer and onto Buzz and onto the Indy Speedway. It was a 5 minute wait for Peter Pan. We walked on to the Magic Carpets. Pirates had a 10 minute wait around lunch time.

We went to MGM last Saturday. We had a 10 minute wait for the Backlot Tour. We went to
the Indiana Jones and Playhouse Disney shows and got good seats by showing up about 15-20 minutes before show times. There was a 10 minute standby line for Star Tours.

We did the evening extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom and everything but Dinosaur was a walk-on. Dinosaur had a 20 minute stand-by line. We went to the AK during the day the next day and got good seats for the Lion King show about 15 minutes before showtime. We saw Pochahontas with no wait. We FP'd the safari ride around 1:00 pm. FP returns were 1 hour later.

krorx
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, I wish we could go in September with such little wait times. The darned schools just ruin it for us! ;)

tlhewitt52
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
this is just fantastic to hear seeing as we leave in three days and will be in the world on Saturday!!!! With 4 kids little to no wait times are fantastic!!

KAJUNKING
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
this is just fantastic to hear seeing as we leave in three days and will be in the world on Saturday!!!! With 4 kids little to no wait times are fantastic!!

:ditto: we leave tommorrow night! cant hardly contain myself:D

thrillme
09-12-2007, 01:37 PM
You know...this is a great post. I'll be interested in hearing about the wait times between October 3rd-8th (I'm going next year but I'd like a comparison...)

Be prepared. You might see this post again.

k_reile
09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
We went to Epcot the Saturday evening before Labor Day. At 4:00 pm, there was no wait for Living with the Land. There was a five minute wait for Living Seas with Nemo. There was a 45 minute stand-by line for Soarin' -- return times for the Fastpass line were 1 hour later and the FP line was about 10 minutes. There was no wait for Imagination with Figment or Rio de Tiempo. There was a line for Maelstrom, but it was about 10 minutes.

We went to Typhoon Lagoon (crowded!) on Sunday. We went to Fantasmic that night and got great seats to the left of center and close to the front about 30 minutes before showtime.

We went to the MK on the Tuesday after Labor Day. We got to the park (Main Street) 10 minutes after opening. We rode the train over to Frontierland. We walked on to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. There was a 10 minute wait for Pirates and Jungle Cruise. We had a 5 minute wait for Buzz. We FP'd Space Mountain - the FP line was about 10 minutes. We FP'd the Pooh ride. The standby line was about 20 min around 3pm. We had a 10 minute wait for Small World around 3 pm. We walked onto the Magic Carpets in the morning.

We went back to the MK the next day. We walked onto the Barnstormer and onto Buzz and onto the Indy Speedway. It was a 5 minute wait for Peter Pan. We walked on to the Magic Carpets. Pirates had a 10 minute wait around lunch time.

We went to MGM last Saturday. We had a 10 minute wait for the Backlot Tour. We went to
the Indiana Jones and Playhouse Disney shows and got good seats by showing up about 15-20 minutes before show times. There was a 10 minute standby line for Star Tours.

We did the evening extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom and everything but Dinosaur was a walk-on. Dinosaur had a 20 minute stand-by line. We went to the AK during the day the next day and got good seats for the Lion King show about 15 minutes before showtime. We saw Pochahontas with no wait. We FP'd the safari ride around 1:00 pm. FP returns were 1 hour later.

This is awesome! Leave in 10 days!! :yay::trio:

January-2007
09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for that reply! I am so excited! We arrive Sunday!!! :mickey:

drhama
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Wow! This is great news. We leave in a week. :thumbsup: The only down side is RR being down for rehab. :sob:This is my favorite ride. It is always some kind of challenge to see how many times we can ride it in one trip.:rocker: I love Aerosmith. I know that everything needs some maintenance. It should just never happen on my trip. lol The up side is that we have decided to take advantage of the "next trip" offer. If we can't do Aerosmith this time, we will just have to make up for it next year.:D

katzctkpt
09-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I would love to go in Sept from the sounds of the wait time. Just can't take the kids out of school. Not that I wouldn't just the kids don't want to miss school with all the makeup work and sports.

GrumpyFan
09-13-2007, 01:41 AM
We just returned (9/6 thru 11) and crowds were very very low. Most of the rides displayed 20 minute waits, but they were actually walk-on with little or no wait whatsoever. We were at AK on Sunday and rode EE 8 times, 6 of them back to back.
The water parks were the same.

You can expect the same thru this week with a slight increase by this weekend, and moreso the closer it gets to Halloween.

Krystal_Rose
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
This sounds great! I knew i made the right decision about going in Sept. we leave in 8 days! Thanks for all the information.

SBETigg
09-13-2007, 01:46 PM
You know...this is a great post. I'll be interested in hearing about the wait times between October 3rd-8th (I'm going next year but I'd like a comparison...)

Be prepared. You might see this post again.

You've got Columbus Day weekend falling in the middle of your stay, and I have heard that tends to be a busy time. Best wishes for low crowds!

brogan54
09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
great!!! we leave in 6 days:number1::number1::number1::party:

Grizz16
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
How crowded is it in December during the week of Christmas?

malz288
09-14-2007, 12:02 AM
my family just booked a quick get away for columbus day weekend? are the crowds as bad as the middle of the summer? ah i hope not!