PDA

View Full Version : Executive VP of Global Marketing, Michael Mendenhall, To Leave the Walt Disney Co.

Figment!
09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
HP Appoints Disney's Mendenhall as Chief Marketing Officer

HP Press Release
Sept. 11, 2007

PALO ALTO, Calif., HP today announced that Michael Mendenhall, a long-time Walt Disney Company executive, has been appointed as senior vice president and chief marketing officer, effective Oct. 1, 2007.

Mendenhall, 45, will be responsible for all aspects of HP's corporate marketing operations globally, including brand marketing, customer intelligence and corporate communications.

"Michael brings world-class marketing and communications credentials and a strong strategic focus with the creative ability to achieve outstanding results," said Shane Robison, HP executive vice president and chief strategy and technology officer. "I am delighted that we will have an individual of his stature to lead corporate marketing."

Mendenhall comes to HP from the Walt Disney Company, where he has spent the past 17 years. He currently directs all marketing and publicity activity for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, a $10 billion business in North America, Europe and Asia. His areas of responsibility include global brand image, marketing strategy, planning, publicity, advertising, media, new media/online, interactive TV, strategic alliance marketing, special events and promotions, as well as customer managed activities.

Mendenhall will report to Robison.

Mendenhall received a bachelor's of science degree from Emerson College in Boston.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I would formally like to say I'm willing to take his place at Disney...for half the price!

Mickey91
10-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, if he is the one who came up with the Disney Parks logo and concept, then I'm glad he is leaving. When I go to Disney World, I want my souveniers to say Walt Disney World. I want my poncho to have Mickey Mouse and Walt Disney World, not a castle in the clouds and DIsney Parks! I hope this concept dies soon and we can get back to celebrating the resort we are visiting. I would also like to see more park specific merchandise as in the past. With Disney parks being so far from one another, why would I travel to one of the other parks, if I'm going to end up with the exact same merchandise??