PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Cartersville, GA?

Tinkitude
09-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Does anyone out there know of any good hotels in Cartersville, GA? Again, I am looking for a place to stay on our drive home from WDW. Thanks for all the great information so far.:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
09-12-2007, 08:26 AM
I know we stayed at a Hampton Inn in Calhoun, about 15 miles or so north of there. We did this on the trip home in the summer of 2006

murphy1
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Honestly I would stay in Kennesaw, it's a few minutes exit prior to Cartersville off I-75 and there are a lot more places to eat and there is a mall there, too, most of the places will be off Barrett Parkway. I live not far and worked out in Kennesaw prior to coming over where I am now.

GrumpyFan
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I lived in that area for about 9 years prior to moving to Texas just 3 years ago, and I agree with murphy1, Kennesaw (Barrett Parkway, Chastain Road) are good areas with lots of restaurant and hotel choices and a mall. If you want something a little less busy, go on up to Acworth (Hwy 92, or Glade Road), where it's less congested. Cartersville is just a few miles north of both of these, and has a few decent choices.

tavera
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, i live IN Cartersville and am heading to Orlando with DH and our girls TOMORROW!! In recent years Cartersville has actually gotten some nice hotels - LOL!! Days Inn is still probably the cheapest - it is newly renovated BUT there are still some rooms that are not great - i'd ask to stay in one of the newer rooms when checking in - the people that own it are great and easy to work with IMO. We also now have a Comfort Inn and Suites - brand new! - both of these are right off of I75 - exit 290 (there is also a Cracker Barrel, Shoneys, Pizza place, waffle house, etc.. with a Walmart just down the road if you needed anything).
Now you could stay at Barrett (exit 269) but honestly you are going to pay more for it - and it is SOOOO congested around that area now -but they do have a mall and many other places to eat (although Cartersville is catching up - we have a Starbucks, Chili's, and an IHOp now - LOL!). The only place i would NOT recommend in Cartersville is the Quality Inn - just not a good location and it always looks dirty from the outside....