PDA

View Full Version : 1st time camping WDW

mom24diskidz
09-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Nov will be our 1st time camping here. This is our 7th trip but never in Fort Wilderness. We are driving from Pa with a 32' travel trailer.. Our kids are young 7-2y/o any tips to make this go smoothly? we are also doing the DP.We just love Disney and are looking for a new experience..:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::micke y::mickey:

faline
09-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Fort Wilderness is a great place to camp!

Be sure to have a meal at Trail's End. Get drinks and sit on the rockers outside Crockett's Tavern (There's a play area just across the way from the porch).

Take time to enjoy the campground as well as the parks!

Jason Hook
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
How long are you staying?

ibrowse17
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
So happy for you! Hope you have a great trip and come to love FW as much as my family does:thumbsup: Also, welcome to the Intercot family:mickey:

goofysbabe
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Hopefully the weathers nice enough in the evening to catch a movie with Chip & Dale at the campground (it's back behind the trading post). You can make S'mores and they show disney movies. They have some seating. Be sure to go to the petting zoo & if you have the funds Hoop De Do Review is in that area. We camped our first time going to WDW and we loved the campground. Be warned though the bus systems there is VERY, VERY slow. Enjoy your trip!

mom24diskidz
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome and for all the tips..Also is it true that AAA members can request a private storytime for free???:mickey:

mttafire
09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
The last time i camped at Disney was in 1977...I was 7 and barely remember it..Although i CAN remember some! My wife hates to camp but i would LOVE to do it again at Ft. Wilderness.

ibrowse17
09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
The last time i camped at Disney was in 1977...I was 7 and barely remember it..Although i CAN remember some! My wife hates to camp but i would LOVE to do it again at Ft. Wilderness.

My wife was the same way and not at all sure about camping the first time we went to WDW and stayed at FW, but came away LOVING it. She did not like the idea of camping or using bath houses, but quickly changed her mind about it all when she saw the place.:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
A lot of people decorate there camp site with some Christmas lights. Some people decorate with a lot of Christmas lights..... So if you fell like it fell free. I love to go over From Wilderness Lodge and see the decorations people put up......

As said Trails End is a must do for us.....

:cop: :tigger:

medic9016
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
We will be there in a week and a half. I am so look foward to decorating with our lights. We were in a tent the first time a FW. We now have moved on to a camper. I think Trails End is the best kept secret at Disney.

faline
09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome and for all the tips..Also is it true that AAA members can request a private storytime for free???:mickey:

I know this is included if you purchase a AAA package. I don't know if you get this perk without the package. You might try asking your local AAA office about this.

Tink65
10-02-2007, 08:48 PM
My family will be camping at Ft. Wilderness for the first time at Christmas.:cloud9: I agree that Trails End is the best kept secret. We try to eat breakfast there at least once before we leave. This is one of the few places that serve sweet tea.:thumbsup: My son:tigger: loves sweet tea and has a hard time since so few places at Disney serve it. He is not a soda drinker at all. He drinks the lemonade and pouts:pout:

csdavis
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
We also have 4 kids and love love love Fort Wilderness. It is so great, there is so much to do at the Fort. Make sure you leave a day to piddle around. There is a petting zoo, pony rides, playgrounds, trails, and on and on! We always have wanted to spend extra time at the campground so we are going next New Years for 11 nights and can't wait! It is wonderful- you and your kids will love it!