PDA

View Full Version : 4 Day Wonder - 9/2 - 9/6/2007: Day 2

GreenBeetle
09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Day 2: Nassau

I woke up early to watch the ship pull into port and take loads of pictures. We weren’t in a hurry to get off the ship, since I hadn’t booked any excursions in or around Nassau. My husband and I had seen Nassau before and were less than thrilled with the place. We planned to take the kids on a quick walk around town to visit the Pirates of Nassau Museum. We all agreed that we wanted to spend time onboard and really enjoy the Wonder. We ate our first breakfast at Beach Blanket Buffet. Again, enormous and filled with everything you could want. Just as we were about to head off to town, a storm was rolling in – an awesome sight to watch on the ocean. We decided to hang out and explore the ship a while till the rain/thunder stopped. I could be happy just wondering around all day with my camera. I really could not get over how beautiful every inch of this place was – and I cannot say enough about the wonderful CMs onboard. Every one of them on that ship seemed truly happy to be there (and if they are acting, they deserve Oscars). It’s a pleasure to see smiling faces all the time. (According to our Cruise Director, Christian, they are all happy because they live on Red Bull and Skittles. :laughing:) When the rain let up, we left the ship for our walk. Nassau was just like I remembered – not my favorite place. The Pirate Museum was nice, but after that we had enough. Let’s get back to the happy people onboard, please. Maybe next time we’ll venture over to Paradise Island to see Atlantis. With so many people off doing things in Nassau, the ship was much less crowded – especially the pools. We sat around the Goofy Pool and all ate from different places: Goofy’s Galley, Pinocchio’s Pizzeria, Pluto’s Dog House – lots of choices. We were trying to save room for dinner at Triton’s tonight . . . ugh, the food never ends here! Triton’s is very beautiful inside and the food was delicious. Everyone was happy with their choices. After dinner we were off to the Walt Disney Theater to see our first show – Hercules The Muse-ical. We loved this show! It was hilarious. I was in total awe – how do they do this on a cruise ship? After the show we did a little shopping, DD went off to the Oceaneer Lab (she could not get enough of this place). Then it was back to the stateroom to pack things up for our day at Castaway Cay! Yippee!!

I almost forgot to mention . . . waiting in our stateroom this time was a monkey towel animal not only bearing chocolates, but a very nice DVC gift! And a cool DVC magnet on the door. This place just gets better and better!! :cool:

Goofeygal
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
WOW great trip report. Glad you are having such a great time.:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe next time ...
Hehehehe... you've caught the bug! :D

Glad to see you and your family had such a nice day in Nassau. We ended up staying on the ship to enjoy it (and also to avoid rain). This time we are planning on venturing out though... did your kids enjoy the Pirate Museum? I'm trying to decide whether to go there or over to Atlantis to check out the aquarium.

GreenBeetle
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Hehehehe... you've caught the bug! :D

Glad to see you and your family had such a nice day in Nassau. We ended up staying on the ship to enjoy it (and also to avoid rain). This time we are planning on venturing out though... did your kids enjoy the Pirate Museum? I'm trying to decide whether to go there or over to Atlantis to check out the aquarium.

It's not hard to catch the bug with Disney! I think we've found our new home (sorry SSR). :mickey:

We actually had the whole Pirate Museum to ourselves. My daughter was a little spooked by the darkness at first (it doesn't take much to spook her :paranoid:) - it's like walking through Pirates of the Caribbean. The second part is full of pirate artifacts and information. It's was interesting, but certainly doesn't take a whole day to do. It's not a far walk from where the ship docks. We got off the ship basically so my kids could say they visited Nassau and I could prove to them it's not the nicest place to spend the day. Now Paradise Island is a different story. DH and I have been there before and it is beautiful. I was back and forth about Atlantis too before we went. But it boiled down to a lot of extra money when we already paid for food and activities on the ship. But like I said . . . maybe next time. ;);)

thejens
09-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I've been enjoying your posts! Can't wait until the next one!

disneydrmr
09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm glad to hear that my dh and I aren't the only ones who did not like Nassau... we went there with another cruiseline.. and we did the Pirate Museum excursion that they offered, and several other stops.. a fort and the stairs... anway... EVERY single stop had a different guide - and ALL wanted to be tipped. I really wasn't impressed with the Pirate museum.. kinda cheesy and to me was more of a 'tourist' trap. My best friend and her DH did the Atlantis excursion and came back much happier than my dh and I were.. so that's the one I would tell people to take!