PDA

View Full Version : Is CHH Open During MVMCP?

merlinmagic4
09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't see Columbia Harbor House listed as being open during MVMCP in Info Central. Does anyone know if it is open?

DizneyRox
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't recall seeing it open in my MNSSHP or MVMCP events. It would be nice if it changed, it's one of my favorite CS places, but I've been dissappointed every time.

SgtTigger
09-11-2007, 09:59 PM
For the christmas party it is open as a cookie and hot chocolate stop only.

:cop: :tigger:

BronxTigger
09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
The only CS places open to eat at the Pirate & Princess party were Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays. I found this irritating because they are both primarily hamburger joints. I did actually see a lady that was pretty high up in the chain for the special events planning and I asked her why, out of all the CS places, they keep only the hamburger ones open when there is pizza and sandwiches at Pinocchio's and other options at Columbia Harbour House. She said it was a good point; I don't know what she did with that information, but at least I brought it up.

Natazu
09-11-2007, 11:09 PM
They play with scheduling year-to-year but basically, for Halloween Parties, there is one CS scheduled 'til midnight and one scheduled til 10. I don't recall CHH ever being one of them. The party-close CS location varies and for the most part, the CMs don't even know which one 'til their schedule comes out. What you want to do is find a CM with a Telecast and ask what will be open that day. Chances are it will be Casey's, Pecos Bill's, or Cosmic Ray's.

Hope this helps.

merlinmagic4
09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Yes, that all helps. How late would it be open if the party starts at 7? We are planning on arriving around 4 (when I've heard we can get in). Will we have time to eat?

I love Columbia Harbor House. For some reason, it's one of my favorite parts of going to MK :thumbsup: I guess we could try something new. I'm figuring all the TS restaurants don't have much left for 11/12.

mermaidmarian
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
For the christmas party it is open as a cookie and hot chocolate stop only.

:cop: :tigger:

It was used as a treasure spot during the P&P Party too.

Natazu
09-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes, that all helps. How late would it be open if the party starts at 7? We are planning on arriving around 4 (when I've heard we can get in). Will we have time to eat?

I love Columbia Harbor House. For some reason, it's one of my favorite parts of going to MK :thumbsup: I guess we could try something new. I'm figuring all the TS restaurants don't have much left for 11/12.
I'd guess 7pm, but I'm not 100% sure. They've been toying with closing times for non-party restaurants. Previously, the park closed an hour before the party, then reopened with party venues at 7. Last year, they started leaving the park open right up til party time. Things didn't get closed on time and I'd wager that meant labor ran over into the hard-ticket event which wouldn't make management very happy.

So, the straight answer is: I don't know, probably 7:00.

merlinmagic4
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
So, the straight answer is: I don't know, probably 7:00.

Thanks for your help; I'l be there at five :cloud9:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
My husband and I haven't tried that place yet. This November we'll be eating at Liberty's Tree Tavern for dinner before the MVMCP on the 12th. Love the food and the character interaction. We usually do a character dinner before any holiday event. Have fun to all going.:santa::santa::santa:

Chickie
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Sulley Rules,
We'll be at LTT on Nov 12th, also! I think it's at like 4:15. Early dinner, I know, but that way we can just keep going all evening except for maybe a snack later on that night. We've never eaten at LTT, so we thought the MVMCP would be a good chance to try it out!

Marilyn Michetti
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Did anyone mention that Casey's is also open?

As for LTT, if you don't have an ADR, forget it for MVMCP. Is the Noodle place open, or am I remembering something else?

Last year, we ate at Cosmic Rays, and wouldn't have needed to with the cookies and hot chocolate

Good luck !:santa:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Sulley Rules,
We'll be at LTT on Nov 12th, also! I think it's at like 4:15. Early dinner, I know, but that way we can just keep going all evening except for maybe a snack later on that night. We've never eaten at LTT, so we thought the MVMCP would be a good chance to try it out!

Jackie, you'll love it! The food is great and the characters are so funny. They come to your table twice. So expect alot of character interaction. My husband and I will be on our ten year anniv. from the 7th thru 17th. Our reservation is @ 5pm we may see you there.:sulley::santa::santa3::deer::snowman: