PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine?

Vinny
09-11-2007, 08:47 PM
How is the dinner buffet at Hollywood and Vine? We will be in WDW in a little over a month and are thinking of booking an ADR there. Thanks in advance for the reviews.

disneymajik
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Our family has eaten there as a part of the Fantasmic package and to be honest the food was very ordinary. Nothing bad but nothing really worth remembering either. The HBD is more expensive but a much better meal. Good luck with your choice!!

Dawneeeey
09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
My DH and I really liked it. I thought the choices were really different and not your typical buffet fare, except for the kids (chicken fingers, mac & cheese). I would describe it as a an upscale Chef Mickey's.

:mickey:

DizneyRox
09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
How is the dinner buffet at Hollywood and Vine? We will be in WDW in a little over a month and are thinking of booking an ADR there. Thanks in advance for the reviews.
One word? :ack:

Been there, done that, never going back...

Jared
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
We enjoyed Hollywood & Vine a few years ago, but it's nothing special. If you want a basic buffet with no frills, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect anything exceptional.

Natazu
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
For a buffet, it's pretty darn good. It is, however, still just a buffet. For MGM dining, 50s, Mamas, and Brown Derby have better food and better service.

January-2007
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
We're eating dinner there on Monday so I hope it's fabulous!! Never been, but I'll try to post a review when we get back. :mickey:

Lynn J Mc
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
We eat there every trip as part of the Fantasmic package. We usually have 5-8 people eating with different tastes. This place suits us all. We really like it. I love the petite cheesecakes they have for dessert. It is not fine dining but fine for theme park food.

Nicki'sMom
09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I just ate there Sunday for lunch and it was fun character interaction for my daughter but I didn't like the food at all. My husband thought it was OK but I thought it was bland and limited in its selections as if the whole buffet was geared toward preschoolers. We won't be going back. Chef Mickeys was SO much better.

pooh0601
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
It's just that, a meal.

Its certainly nothing to get excited about, and it borders not very good more so than being good.

The only good thing about it is its variety. However, we are going to try 50's Prime Time or Mama Melrose this time in December. We always get "stuck" with H&V, but this year have vowed to try something different.

andreallybadeggs
09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I am often out of sync with the conventional wisdom of Intercot's dining posters. Consider that I think Le Cellier is over-rated and Sci Fi is under-rated and you may not want to give my opinion much weight but guess that is why Crayola makes the big box and Disney gives you so many options. My family really enjoyed the H&V dinner buffet both times we chose it for the more affordable Fantasmic dinner pkg option. Last trip we had some very picky eaters with us-- kids and adults both-- and this was their favorite meal.

clou1028
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
To be honest, I thought it was not very good. Well, bad, actually. I even went as far as to let Guest Services know, and I am not a "complainer". I did not take anything offered at GS, no dicount or anything, I just wanted to let them know.

To be fair though, I think in general I never have a good experience at buffets, Disney or otherwise.

I have ate at three WDW buffets, H&V, 1900 PF, and Chef Mickeys.
The only one I thought was decent was CM's.

1900 PF was very possibly the most horrid food I have ever ate in my life - no joke. I mean seriously, how does one even make rice taste that bad? Even Mickey noticed we weren't eating the food on our plates. (in 1997, Mickey and Minnie were the characters at PF)

H&V, while not as awful, is not one I would ever go back to.

SBETigg
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
For a buffet, it's average. It was okay for one meal but I don't plan on ever going back. I think you can do better.

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
My husband and I are not picky eaters and figured we would be okay at a buffet. We ate there in Nov. of '05 (I think that's the right year) and we left hungry. A lot of the food looked unappealing and the things that looked okay were not very good at all. We did not have a good experience and don't plan to repeat it. That being said...it was almost 2 years ago...so maybe things have improved?

brownie
09-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Granted it's been almost 4 years since we've eaten there, but we really enjoyed it and thought the food was good. I especially liked the sundae bar (I think I managed to get almost every topping on my ice cream!)

pixiesmimi
09-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Well, I may be in the minority here but we love H&V. We do it everytime with Fantasmic. We have been with children of all ages and this year alone. It was good each time and had no problems with the children. We wanted to do something different this time and do the Brown Derby until we found out it was 2 TS credits. We opted to do H&V again. I do wish there were more choices for Fantasmic. But we have not had any problem finding something on the buffet we like and have never had a bad meal there. It was a lot better than the 50's Diner IMO.

Vinny
09-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks again everyone for posting your reviews of the Hollywood & Vine dinner buffet. They seem to be split about 60-40% for the positive.

We ended up booking an ADR there for our October trip. We have pretty much tried all of the other restaurants at MGM on previous trips and wanted to give this one at least a try.

:thanks:

SBETigg
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks again everyone for posting your reviews of the Hollywood & Vine dinner buffet. They seem to be split about 60-40% for the positive.

We ended up booking an ADR there for our October trip. We have pretty much tried all of the other restaurants at MGM on previous trips and wanted to give this one at least a try.

:thanks:

Not my favorite, as I said, but you won't have a bad meal, plenty of variety. I hope you enjoy it!

mainemajor
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I was a bit disapointed in the food here. Some of it was good, a lot just ok. The service we received here was fantastic so that was a plus. I don't know if I would go back or not. :(