PDA

View Full Version : San Angel or Mama Melrose?

MizMissy
09-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Okay, I have ressies at both but need to drop one. I didn't intend to leave the world at all, but a friend gave us passes to SeaWorld. So, now I'm trying to fit in our day away from WDW and it comes down to which reservation to drop.

I've seen bad reviews of both, but I was leaning towards keeping San Angel simply because a decent margarita can help save a bad meal.....

Thoughts?

Scotcelebrity
09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Definately keep San Angel!! Very good and beautiful atmosphere. I live in San Antonio, Tx so I can tell you that their Mexican food is on point.:sombrero:

mousetrapper
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
We have eaten at both restaurants, and I must say that Mama Melrose's didn't leave much of an impression on me for some reason. I vaguely remember even being there, let alone what I ate or whether the food and atmosphere was good! And I hadn't even had a glass of wine!!:blush:

San Angel, on the other hand, has wonderful ambience. The food IMHO is standard Chi Chi's type Tex Mex food -- not authentic Mexican -- but it is satisfying (and yes, the margaritas go down easy!).

So I would vote for San Angel.

:marg:

Jared
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
My family, surprisingly, enjoys Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, but I suggest keeping San Angel Inn. Like you mentioned, a good margarita can save a mediocre meal, and many people love the food.

If you like Mexican food, you should leave San Angel Inn satisfied.

SBETigg
09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I haven't been to Mama Melrose but my recent review of San Angel is here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114721). Definitely good margaritas.:marg:

limegreenmonorail
09-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I'd vote for Mama Melrose. Neither one are amazing, but being from Houston, San Angel just isn't as good as the Mexican food I'm used to, although it does have a great atmosphere. Mama Melrose was really pretty good food, and it was actually quieter than most other restaurants, which was nice (we ate there at lunch, though, and it wasn't busy).

clou1028
09-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I've had both, San Angel was better IMHO.