PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 6 days - HELP!!! Bday questions.

tavera
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
We are leaving atlanta and heading to the World on Sunday - my daughter will be 5 and we are going to Askerhaus for a princess dinner - last time i just did the little $12 cake that they make there and you don't have to pre-order - this time i'd like to go a little bit more elaborate - how do i do this? Who do i contact to get pricing and have a cake done - can i do it once i get there? we will check in on Monday and we would need it for Wed. nite.

mousetrapper
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
How exciting!

I'm not sure about doing a special cake, although I have heard about how to do that somewhere along the line. If you are staying on site, I would think calling Guest Services at your resort would be the way to go. Another idea is to call Disney Dining and ask about a special cake.

I also want to share with you a few things we did for my husband's cousin's grandson, who also turned 5 when we were at WDW in 2005.

We arranged with Guest Services at our resort to have a surprise waiting for him when we checked in. It was a basket of goodies, Mickey ears (which he got personalized with his name at MK later) and balloons! It was so great. Then, each time we had ADRs, we told the host/hostess that it was his birthday, and after every dinner he got a small birthday cake with candles. We also got him a birthday button to wear to the parks every day so everyone knew and gave him the VIP treatment.

It was so cute...at the end of our trip, he counted up all the birthday cakes he got (there were five altogether), and said, "I got a birthday cake for every year I've been alive!"

It was truly a birthday to remember. :party:

DebK
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi!

Call 407-827-2253. Have fun!