PDA

View Full Version : Park Pass Question

Ltmoko
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I was waiting to buy our passes for our trip in Nov when they announced the discounts for Nov. Well... No discounts I can use. I have a room only resy. Should I try to change to a package deal? Is there any benefit? I can buy the passes through my employer (corporate discount) a little cheaper than disney or ticket center. Thanks. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
No real benefits to a package in my opinion. I always do room only and get tickets that fit my vacation plans.

The only benefit to a package is the ability to add the DDP, and frankly at this point, it may be too late to take advantage of that (if you haven't made ADRs yet).

Beast_fanatic
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I had a room only (with a AAA discount) for October, and I ended up switching to the package special (when something became available for my dates which happened with only 29 days left in our countdown).

My room only was for a king bed at POR for 10 nights for $1769 (it was roughly $200 less for a standard room to compare apples to apples).

The package deal that we got is for a standard room (lost the king bed) for 10 nights at POR for $2436. This includes our park passes (2 10-day park hoppers, about $575) and the dining plan (about $800). So, for about $670 more, we now have our park passes and most of our meals paid for. If you take the loss of the king bed into consideration, we ended up basically getting our park passes for free. No pass discount that I found came close to this deal.

Thanks do go to Debbie at Magical Journeys for continuing to watch for a room at the package rates for us after I had long since given up on the concept.

And, as far as dining ressies go, I only had a few made when we switched to this deal, but I've been able to fill out our schedule (for a total of 10 table service meals) without too much difficulty (even though we're now within 4 weeks of our trip). We did have to be a little flexible, but I got into all the restaurants that I wanted by just switching days around a bit.

I'd definitely suggest taking a look at the package deals to see if there is something available and if it will benefit you.