PDA

View Full Version : The character line?

Hayden's Dad
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I know you can go to guest relations the day you are in the park and they can call a special line to find out when and where the characters will be that day, but does anyone know if there is any way to find out earlier than that day or is it not known until that day who will be out?

tink'72
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure how early you want to know but when you enter the park get a map and parade times. The handout with the parade times also lists the character locations.

Figment!
09-11-2007, 01:21 PM
does anyone know if there is any way to find out earlier than that day or is it not known until that day who will be out?In most cases that is the only way to know for sure.

Entertainment and Character schedules can (and more so with Characters do) vary from day to day.

Some Meet and Greets are listed in the Time & Events Guide for each park, but this is only represents the planned locations and times.

You can look over the Guide for that week when you check in to your Disney hotel to get a reasonable idea; but if there are any "must see" characters, checking with Guest services the day of is the best way to find them.

jrpersinger
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
We were talking to a cast member in MK while waiting to meet Tweedle Dee and Dum and were telling her that we were really getting lucky with characters on this trip and the only two we wanted to see but we knew we wouldn't get the chance to were TinkerBell and Abu. Well, she said she had worked a week or so before in Epcot with Abu. And that there was a "Monkey Line" in Morocco. That you go in and they could call to see where Abu was. If he would be in the park that day or not. She said the cast members will tell you funny stories about where he may be if he isn't going to be in the park. I am not sure she was entirely telling the truth since we didn't make it back over to Epcot. But the story was cute all the same!

Suz36
09-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Right before you leave for your trip, you can check out (website advert removed as per Terms of Service), which has very specific info on character appearances. I'm sure it is all subject to change, however, it would give you a good idea of who to find where.

Greenlawler
09-24-2007, 12:50 AM
We have not had good luck with asking attendents or the character lines. We like the rare characters, most of whom only come out with "trainees" and the character lines do not usualy know about them.
Attendents only can tell you what they know, some are well inforrmed and give good tips but I have found in most cases, that veteren character finders know as much as they do...no offense meant.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
The line you are refering to is the CHIP hotline, and it's for CM's only. It cannot be reached from outside lines. You actually have to be near a phone to get it so most attendants don't have one they can use. Your best bet is Guest Relations, who can call the number. On my days off, I usually go with a list of about 10 characters I am looking for.

The CHIP hotline has the daily schedule for which characters are making appearences where. It gets the list each morning and yes, it can change if the charactr has an emergency. It does not include any first visits by characters because those are done on a seperate schedule.

Here's a hint - I've been told by attendants that when you go to Guest Relations and they call CHIP, the CHIP hotline actually keeps track of the characters who are requested. So the more often a character is asked about, the better the chances are of seeing them in the future.

Hayden's Dad, I know your upcoming trip is going to be extremely special for you and your family. Is there any specific characters you are looking for? Maybe I can find out the chances of some of their appearences?

Hayden's Dad
09-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Mainly Peter Pan is the big one this trip, and I have heard he makes regular appearences in Adventureland. Other than that I think we are looking for rare charcters jsut like everyone else. Last trip we saw Mickey seven times and six in different costumes. I know Mary Poppins is high on DWs list and we are going to the 1900 breakfast for her. Thanks Captain Jess I am just an overplanner :blush: I will ask my wife if there are any specefic ones she is looking for. Thank you so much. By the way what area do you work in? We would love to come see you when we are there