PDA

View Full Version : What is the Kodak "What If" Lab?

deva
09-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm trying to figure out if Epcot has enough interesting things for a 6 and 2 year-old. I don't remember being in the Kodak "What If" Labs before. As I read about the park on various sites, I read about this but could not find much information.

Is it a real playground? Would it keep a 6 and 2 year-old consumed for a bit? Can you go straight to it, or do you have to do the Figment ride first?

Any insight or would be great. If someone has a good link with pictures and info, that would be great as well.

Thank you.

Darbylew
09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
The Kodak Labs are after you ride Journey into
Inagination with Figment. It is an interactive
playground. Create sounds by waving your arms
videotape your image and play it back and then
you can create a symphony by jumping on stones and more. It is a great ride that the
kids will enjoy. There is a lot for kids to do at
Epcot. The living seas has a Nemo ride and
Crush the Turtle show which is great. The kidcot stops for kids is wonderful and there is
Innoventions that is hands on for kids. I think
there are some other rides and shows that would interest kids as well. Hope this has helped. Have a FUN time! :mickey:

cal5755
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
The first family trip my kids were 6 mo, 4 and 8. My two older ones loved Epcot..... there is plenty for them to do. Lots of interactive stuff! The second time my youngest was 2 and she enjoyed a lot of things in Epcot as well. I would not skip Epcot....it is a must do for us every trip!

DizNee143
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
you dont have to go on the ride to experience the lab things and the store there...instead of going to the right to enter the building to get in line for the ride..go to the left of the building and you can enter of there...its fun..im sure you will find something there that will spark there interest!! it doesnt hust to try it out!! :mickey:

deva
09-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the input so far.

For those who say there is lots for kids at Epcot & that your kids loved it, would you mind maybe specifically listing out which attractions they liked? I'm in the process of making a spreadsheet & determining which parks to go to based on the amount of attractions the kids would like (yes, I'm a dork), and right now I don't have much for Epcot. Some of what I'm reading is unclear. For example, I cannot get my arms around what to do in Innoventions or Wonders of Life (is this even open?).

Any input/thoughts about specific attractions would be greatly appreciated.