PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins?

Hayden's Dad
09-11-2007, 09:53 AM
My wife has made it known tha she really wants to meet Mary Poppins. We will be going to MVMCP and I have heard she, Bert, and Mr Penguin are there. Can anyone confirm that? And I have heard she is at the 1900 Park Faire breakfast which we are going to, but I am conserned she is one of the rotating characters and may not be there. Thank you.

11 more Sundays til we are there:mickey:

DDuck66
09-11-2007, 10:05 AM
We have been to the 1900 PF twice and she was present both times. You can also see here at the UK in EPCOT on a regular basis. Check at the information board at each park and there will be a list of character times and locations. I also believe it is listed on the "times" sheets that you get as you enter the park.

Mickey'sGirl
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
We are hoping to see Mary at 1900 Park Fare next month (DS3 is IN LOVE :heart: with her) . As the Duck said, she is a regular in the toy store in the UK at Epcot.

:sing: It's a jolly holiday with Mary! No wonder that it's Mary that we love! :sing: :mickey:

princessM0m
09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I think it is pretty safe that you will find her at 1900 Park Fare and the UK in EPCOT, as previous relies have said. FYI, My DD and I were pleased to "bump into her" behind the Castle one Sunday afternoon a couple of years ago, so you might check on this, too.

Darbylew
09-11-2007, 11:23 AM
We have seen her in United Kingdom at Epcot.
She appeared in one of the shops there for a
meet and greet. It is the one on the left after
the tea shop on the corner it has a lot of
Winnie the pooh stuff. Ask a cast member when she will be out for meet and greet. :mickey:

EmcDuckRN
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I have been to three differen MVMCPs thus far and she has been present at each one. I have always seen her and Bert, and I think a Penguin at the Exposition hall on Mainstreet USA, on the Porch. I head over there to buy the special pin for the evening and she's always been there.

AS previously mentioned I have seen her at Epcot at the UK as well.

Another tip: The CMs have a number that they can call and find out the schedule for a partiular character, Thy don't give that number out, But...
You can ask a cast member to call the special number to find out when she will be somewhere too. To be doubly sure.
:mickey:

Deansgal85
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
THANKS for asking about Mary Poppins....she is one I want to see!! I will look for her at the UK in Epcot!!!

I LOVE MARY POPPINS!!:D

Hayden's Dad
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Thank you all so much. This has made me feel a lot better. In all the times we have been to the world we have never seen her, and now I know we just need to look in the right spots.

Princess'Mom
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
We have spotted Mary [U]twice[U]by the carousel. Last September she had a meet/greet there and this past May she actually rode the one of the carousel horses. My DD and I were really excited to see her too!

tyandskyesmom
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I believe Mary Poppoins is usually (if not always) at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast as it is called "The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins and Friends". She sits on a bench in the lobby for pictures. She was wonderful the last time we were there!

Aggie97
09-11-2007, 06:17 PM
We did see Mary Poppins and Bert last year at MVMCP, on Main Street in front of the Exposition Hall. Have fun! :mickey:

tinksmom02
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Mary Poppins was practically stalking us on our last trip LOL It seemed every time we turned around, she was there:

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
CRT
The store in UK in Epcot
the character greeting area in FW at Epcot

I think your DW has a very good chance of meeting her, especially if you're doing breakfast at 1900. Good luck!

Jared
09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Mary Poppins is the featured at the 1900 Park Fare character breakfast. If you really want to meet her, just make a reservation.

kelly.garrett
09-12-2007, 05:01 AM
On our last trip my dad and I practically stalked Mary. We met her outside the toy store in the UK pavillion at Epcot on our last day, and she was one of the "mystery guests" in the Toontown Hall of Fame. I don't recommend trying the Toontown thing though. At first we were told she'd be by the carousel, she wasn't. We asked a cast member, and they told us her and Aurora switched out as a mystery guest in the Toontown tent. When we got in line, the CM standing there couldn't confirm it was Mary. We got in line anyways. Surprise! It was Aurora the first time, but we're no quitters, so we got right back in line. We finally got our pictures with Mary.

I'm going this year in December. I really hope Bert is at MVMCP. Getting a pic with him is one of my life quests.

WDW5150
09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Mary Poppins was practically stalking us on our last trip LOL It seemed every time we turned around, she was there:

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
CRT
The store in UK in Epcot
the character greeting area in FW at Epcot

I think your DW has a very good chance of meeting her, especially if you're doing breakfast at 1900. Good luck!

Same here. I think the rerelease has her pretty popular again. I also saw her in the animation courtyard at MGM(Disney Hollywood Studios) She also appears at Akershus sometimes too.

dog-ears
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I've seen her too at the UK pavilion, strolling in the garden wearing her white "day at the races" outfit.

I've never seen Bert or any penguins anywhere though

mousetrapper
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes, she makes appearances at the shop in the UK in EPCOT, and what's so neat is -- if I'm not mistaken -- there's an area that has her carpet bag sitting on the floor (I think) and it's a great place for a photo opp with her.

Mom2princesses
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
We saw her at breakfast at CRT. She was great asked me if my girls were behaving and said chins up and no slouching when we were taking their pictures.