PDA

View Full Version : Anyone there now, or just back?

disney crazy family
09-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Only 5 more days to go! :D I was just wondering how the crowds are now that it is after labor day. Also, has it cooled down any? Are you getting the typical Florida afternoon shower? I am so excited!!

KAJUNKING
09-11-2007, 01:14 AM
sorry, i am not there yet but saw your post and had to say we are leaving thursday and i am so excited, we were there last year for labor day and the crowds were not that bad, although we pushed our trip back this year because after labor day weekend last year the crowds really cleared out, also i dont know if youve heard but while we are there this year they have a promo that if you book for sept next year you will get free dining again, you just have to book your trip and put your $200 deposit and you are set for next year, so you get first pick of your hotel and room location, we will probably see you there, have fun! :mickey:

TinkRocks
09-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I was in WDW this past weekend, and the crowds aren't bad at all.

It's still hot (high 80s - 90s), and there are showers every afternoon. Because 'hurricane season' is typically June - November here in Florida, it is normal to get rain every day. Don't worry! The rain won't last all day - just an hour or two.

Look on the bright side - you'll be in WDW, and you'll be hopping into attractions all day. What's a little water, anyway... After all, you go on water rides, right?

Go, have fun, enjoy yourselves!

DDuck66
09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I live about an hour away and it is still hot and we have showers pretty much every day but they rarely last. A lot of times it can be raining in one park and sunny in the other. I will be there this Saturday so am hoping the crowds are not too bad. Can't wait to see the refurbished HM!!!!!!

Crystal Palace
09-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm leaving for my first trip ever in 18 days! I'm so excited!!:chipdale::minnie::beaker:

mrsgaribaldi
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm there right now, waiting for DH to wake up. The crowds are very small, the heat is very high;) LAst night we were going to MGM but there was such a shower we went back to the resort and hung out in the River Roost. We went swimming later and it was lightly raining:mickey: Yes it has rained everyday so far:D

wire0monkey
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
We just got back on Sunday from 8 nights, 9 days at WDW. It didn't rain every day, but it rained several days in a row. Fortunately, the mid-afternoon rain showers were short, fairly gentle, and cleared up by evening.

The crowds were light after Labor Day weekend.

It was pretty hot and humid (92), but not unbearably so.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Just got back. Crowds won't be bad at all!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
My sister and her family are there right now. They called me from MK this afternoon and she said it is not crowded at all and the longest wait they saw is 15 minutes. :thumbsup:

She did say it is very hot. But, my sister never goes to the beach or out in the sun so, the heat is more of an issue to her.

We arrive on Thursday and can't wait!!

OH!! She also said NO love bugs!! I am really hoping they stay away!! :fingers:

disney crazy family
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks! I am so excited, I can hardly wait! Too bad we can not wear an intercot pin see we could find each other out in a crowd!

Seasonscraps
09-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks! I am so excited, I can hardly wait! Too bad we can not wear an intercot pin see we could find each other out in a crowd!

I saw someone wearing an intercot shirt once --but I didn't want to look like a dork going up to someone I dont know.

We leave next Wednesday! I can't wait!! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
09-12-2007, 05:45 AM
I wear my Intercot shirt & hat in hopes someone will just say HI. Be there in 10 days.

McGoofy
09-12-2007, 06:48 AM
I saw someone wearing an intercot shirt once --but I didn't want to look like a dork going up to someone I dont know.

How long ago? I wore my Intercot t-shirt in August hoping that somebody would come up and say hello. Nobody did.:(

Have fun on your trip!

Seasonscraps
09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
It was last Sept at the Wilderness Lodge - walking down the corridor towards Roaring Forks.

Next time I see someone, I'll say hi! :mickey:

January-2007
09-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm glad to hear the parks are not crowded, we'll be there on Sunday!!! :mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
glad to hear the crowds are light. We leave the 21st!

JabberJaws
09-12-2007, 04:08 PM
We leave on the 28 for a long weekend!! Gonna hit up the F&W Festival while we are there too (first weekend). I do LOVE the F&W Festival...:cheers:

MaryBelle
09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll be there tomorrow thru Saturday! Last minute trip DH booked for my sister and I for my birthday...I'm so excited! Glad to hear the crowds are low.

AllDisney
09-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Was there from Sept.1 -8th! We experienced 2 rain showers while at MGM. The first shower was on the 1st. We had just gotten off the Great Movie ride so we decided to ride it again. After the second ride the sun was out in full force and the rest of the day was great! The next day of rain was the 7th while at MGM again. We waited in one of the shops til it stopped & then the sun was out and the rest of that day was perfect.

It was hot in the 90's, but there was no humidity. I was TOTALLY shocked at how wonderful the weather was the entire week that we were there.

We literally walked right on Tower of Terror, both days that we were at MGM. The longest wait we had was 30 minutes on most rides throughout the 4 parks. We only used fast passes for Everest, Soarin'. All the other waits were very realistic!

Hope this info helps!

LauraleeH
09-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I was there this past weekend and I am going again this weekend. The weather and crowds are not perfect but they are definitely getting better. I didn't see any bugs. The only real problem is the heavy storms but they don't last for more than an hour or so. Have fun!!

septembergirl
09-12-2007, 04:42 PM

We leave next Wednesday, too!:mickey3::minnie: We are so excited! Just think - this time next week, we'll be totally immersed!!! :tink::woohoo::joy:Have a great trip.!

GrumpyFan
09-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Just returned (Sep 6-11). The heat was still on with temps in the low 90s, and an occasional afternoon shower, but the crowds were very low. Although, as it gets closer to Halloween. While we were there, the longest wait times we saw were 20 minutes. Also, there were lots of construction walls up in Epcot preparing for the Food and Wine festival.

Also, we saw NO Love Bugs, but I suspect it's still too hot and too early. But, with any luck, maybe it will be a smaller swarm this year.

One side-note, we were at MK for EMH on Sunday 9/9 and BTMRR, POTC, and Splash Mountain all went down before closing time. My kids were stuck on Splash Mountain for about 30 minutes and had to be evacuated.

Clotho
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
One side-note, we were at MK for EMH on Sunday 9/9 and BTMRR, POTC, and Splash Mountain all went down before closing time. My kids were stuck on Splash Mountain for about 30 minutes and had to be evacuated.

It is such a small world on here.

We were there watching the holdup on Splash and wishing we had been the ones stuck and got to walk off! Did they get to see anything cool>

It was really awful when BTMRR and Splash were both down on our LAST NIGHT THERE. We got to go on Pirates twice that night, so I guess we beat that one before it went down. What a bummer for everyone on EMH nights!

Tigger10
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Leaving in Exactly 20 hours... Woo Hoo !! Hopefully the crowds wont be too bad. Last time there was over New Years Eve and the lines were very long. Also, I'm excited to see the new ASM suites. We'll be staying there for 9 nights and I heard they did a great job on the rooms. Thanks for the info from the previous posts about the crowds, hopefully its stays like that when were there. :mickey:

GrumpyFan
09-13-2007, 11:39 PM
It is such a small world on here.

We were there watching the holdup on Splash and wishing we had been the ones stuck and got to walk off! Did they get to see anything cool>

They were too terrified to see or remember anything. Read my post about it here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115515).

It was really awful when BTMRR and Splash were both down on our LAST NIGHT THERE. We got to go on Pirates twice that night, so I guess we beat that one before it went down. What a bummer for everyone on EMH nights!

I was real surprised that all three went down. I'm wondering if it was mechanical failures or due to low staffing levels after two nights (Friday & Saturday) of MK being open late for Night of Joy.

Mickeylover71
09-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Sounds like those in the parks are having fun.

We've got 376 days to go :)

delusionalstitch
09-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I was AK on 9-6-07 and everything was a 20 minute wait (The shortest wait I have seen for everest yet) I was also at WDW on 9-14-07 and the longest line I saw was 50 minutes and that was for Big Thunder Mt.

As far as rain we are currently getting random afternoon showers. It was raining off and on on 9-14-07. I felt bad for the people who went MNSSHP because poured that night for hours

rnin02
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
They were too terrified to see or remember anything. Read my post about it here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115515).

I was real surprised that all three went down. I'm wondering if it was mechanical failures or due to low staffing levels after two nights (Friday & Saturday) of MK being open late for Night of Joy.

We were there 9/11 and a big thunderstorm came up, so SM and BTMRR closed, and then we tried POTC and it was broken down but expecting to reopen before closing time.

We were there 9/6-9/13, and at first the weather was really fantastic, not much humidity and no afternoon storms, but by the end of the trip it was hot and humid and we were having the daily afternoon showers again. This year we felt like it was alot more crowded than previous years, we had alot of long waits (well, long for September 30 min+), and one day we got to Soarin somewhat early (around 11am) and all the FP were gone! And our busses were always packed full, standing room only, all the time. It wasn't fun:( On the other hand, we had days we were able to ride TOT 3x in a row, no wait anytime. Same thing with EE. So, some days/places were packed, other days/places there was no one. One day we were able to do a walk-in to Sci-Fi Dine In, but the next day Le Cellier was overbooked and hoping for cancellations. But the Port Orleans buses were always packed, that never changed. I don't think we have ever had to wait longer for a bus, or ride so many packed buses before!

Goofster
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
We just got back yesterday (9/15). We arrived on Wednesday the 12th. Our first day we went to AK and walked on to Everest, Nemo Musical, Kali, Tough to be a Bug and got FPs for Dinosaur (30+ min. wait). We ended up heading back around 5ish for dinner at Cape May Cafe. It stormed considerably from about 7ish until 9ish.

On Thursday, we hit MK and noticed it was busy, but not too crazy. HM had a 50+ min wait and then broke down around 7 and never reopened. BTMRR had a 70+ minute in the afternoon, so we got FPs. We walked on to Pirates, Splash Mtn. (during Spectro), Hall of Presidents, Stitch, Philharmagic, Small World (in the morning) and got FPs for Peter Pan and Space Mountain. In the morning, between 9 and 11 it was relatively quiet, but it picked up around noon like crazy.

On Friday, we hit Epcot and noticed the lines were very moderate. World Showcase was actually quiet that night (may have been due to MNSHP and EMH at MGM.

On Saturday, we hit MK at 10am and stayed until about 4. It was crazy! 40+ min wait for Pirates, 70+ min for HM, 70+ min for BTMRR, 40+ min wait for Peter Pan, etc. The volume of the crowds felt like summer levels.

Each and every day was HOT. Mid-90s and decently humid and it rained every night (Friday the worst).

Overall, we enjoyed the free dining perk, but felt the crowds were higher than normal at MK and the heat was still too intense for September. We stayed at CS, and the bus to MK on both days was always packed (standing room only). Coming home from MK, we stayed until 10ish and still had to wait another 45-minutes for a bus. (Port Orleans was next to us and at MK and Epcot the lines exceeded the queue area and backed up past ours). Don't even ask about our return trip from DTD...the bus was packed beyond capacity and still had a ton of people waiting for the next one (this was at 11pm at the MarketPlace).

Needless to say, we decided to forego booking the future stay promo and we're going to go next Fall at the end of October when crowds are a little lighter and the weather a bit cooler.

Otherwise, we had a great time!!! :cool:

mickeysworld
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
We, also, just returned (we were there 9/10-9/14) and I have to agree with everything Goofster said.

The crowds/lines were very manageable, the weather was/is HOT and humid (and we're native Floridians who are supposed to be used to this stuff! the love bugs have not arrived yet!), we were praying for rain just to cool us off. We got our wish every evening! The clouds typically rolled in around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Don't worry though, the rain doesn't last long, just put on your ponchos and go!

The buses were packed and seemed to take a lot longer than normal. It's the first time I've thought 'maybe we should get out of this bus line and catch a cab back to POFQ'.

Restaurants were crowded, especially at AK where your choices are limited to Pizzafari or Flame Tree or food carts.

We followed the unoffical guide touring plans for all days except for our MK day, and we walked on or had very short - less than 10 minutes - wait times, which in the sweltering heat was highly appreciated! The back of my knees were sweating... I didn't realize that was possible! We went to MK on Thursday, which also happened to be a morning EMH, and everyone's advice to stay away from those parks with EMH or at least utilize them and then leave is really good advice!

Given the choice, I think I would, like Goofster, go later in the year when it's a little cooler and the crowds are still moderate. All in all we had a great time, who couldn't?! and you guys who are going soon will too! Have fun!

MushuGrl
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Got back Saturday! SAD!!!!

Gotta agree with everyone on how hot it was. Seemed like there was always a shower during parade time at MK too, LOL!

Seemed like the really big rain seemed to happen later in the afternoon, around 7 or 8, which was great because everybody got their day in the park. Friday, unfortunately, was NOT so good as a big rain threw off alot of the MNSSHP schedule.

Longest wait we had was thirty minutes for HM. And that daggone Peter Pan stayed packed no matter WHAT time it was. Go, Pete! Everything else was pretty much walk on. We got to the parks early and had only ten minute waits for EE and Soarin and no wait for anything else.

rnin02
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Got back Saturday! SAD!!!!

And that daggone Peter Pan stayed packed no matter WHAT time it was. Go, Pete!

I forgot about that in my first post...the shortest wait we saw for Peter Pan was 30 min (and it actually looked longer than that)...we never could brave the wait, we had to skip PP this trip!

MushuGrl
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
The only time we could catch it was during early EMH at MK on Thursday, and by the time we got there, around 8:15, it was already a ten minute wait. I was lookin' for gold when we finally got in there. :D