PDA

View Full Version : How comfortable as sofa beds in the BWVs?

gtpooh
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
We will be staying at the BWVs in early November for the first time, and my mother is considering going for part of the trip. Since others will be using the actual beds (my in-laws mostly), she would end up in a sofa bed most likely.

Has anyone slept in the sofa beds in the BWVs? How comfortable are they?

She's a little picky, and I know not all sofa beds are the same!

Thanks in advance!!

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

cubbie
09-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I have personal experience with the sofa beds in the BWV's. I'll be honest. I felt every bar in the support, and it was an uncomfortable experience for me. However, the next night, I just pulled the sheets from the bed and slept on the sofa itself, which made a huge difference. The rooms are beautiful, and hopefully the sofa bed isn't as bad for her as it was for me. I'd suggest trying the bed for one night, and if that doesn't work, try sleeping on just the sofa, like I did. Good luck.

nja33
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I spent the majority of our May trip curled up on a BWV sofa bed and didn't have any problems. I know they were replaced last October so the PP may have experienced the older sofa. It's actually a very thick foam mattress now, if I recall correctly, and completely wonderful. I think my biggest issue was that I never wanted to get out of bed. LOL.

cubbie
09-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I was there in August of last year, so I was stuck with the old ones. It's great to hear that they replaced the mattresses. Thanks for updating that.

MickeyMousse
09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Our boys sleep on the sofa beds and have never complained......but that is a total combined weight of maybe 100 pounds! My DH said he layed on one while trying to get oir youngest to nap, and said it wasn't bad at all.

gtpooh
09-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks so much. She's very picky, but the fact that these are new sofa beds should be helpful! :mickey::mickey::mickey: